We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

just back from a great 2wk stay at TI and MGM (Sep 19-Oct 4)...had a great time and decided that we prefer staying up the TI end of strip... Want to return again in May as we can't wait as long next year, however our budget isn't as big for next year and are trying to see what we can get for a 11-night stay at start of May (budget of around £1700 max for two including flights and hotel).

We don't know whether we are better waiting until nearer the time for hotels and try and book flights just now. We can get flights for 11nts with BMI from Manchester, UK for around £850, leaving the rest of the cash for hotels or could book a complete package via mytravel/airtours staying at excalibur (not ideal location) for around £1755.

Does anyone know if there is any chance we could get a decent hotel midstrip for around £800 ($1600) or cheaper nearer the time? We had fancied Bills, Flamingos or Ballys for the location. Would love to return to the TI but I think it's going to be too dear! Sorry about the long post, so confused, but eager to book up again ASAP! Thank you for any advice in advance.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

Have you looked at MyTravel as they're doing packages to Vegas all year now?

I've just booked up for next year again too LOL.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

sorry...........must still be tired here as I've just re-read your post and have seen that you've looked at the package for Excalibur. That's where we stayed and it's ok (honestly)....

Scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

we are tempted to go there as two of our friends who joined us on our 2nd week of our trip stayed there and their room wasn't too bad. We were just hoping we could maybe get a better deal and hotel along near TI as it was so much better staying up that end this time round. We would like to go for 2wks again, but I think it will stretch us too much financially, so 10/11 days would do. We just weren't ready to come home after the first week! We will keep looking! When are you returning next year? Sep would be clever for money for us, but we just can't wait that long this time round!

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

we're going back 24th September and staying at the Excalibur (again) and I've booked this early so that I made sure I could get the premier gold on the plane.

You were on our flight weren't you this last week??

Scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

hey... we were on the flight coming back last wed (oct 4). it wasnt the comfiest flight home due to rude people sitting behind us who kept hitting our seat... just our luck! september would be the clever option for us... but i can't stand waiting that long again, so will need to try and make it for May if we can afford it!

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

I hope it wasn't us sitting behind you.........

Scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

I doubt it... It was a big group of people... we were just too polite to say anything.... got home in the end! we still had a blast!

Troon,Scotland
Level Contributor
135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

Can anybody give me some info on the My Travel flights to Las Vegas.Have heard a few reports about how uncomfortable,and cramped the seats are.

Noticed they are doing flights from Glasgow next year,and would love to be able to fly direct..

Have used them before to go to Spain and Portugal,and they were probably the poorest seats I've ever been on,but could just about suffer them for 2 or 3 hours.No way I could sit on those seats for over 10 hours though.

Scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

hey... the mytravel service isn't too bad. the glasgow service only runs June and July I think (double check on the site as I may be wrong). We ended up flying down to manchester with bmi from Glasgow and then getting the flight from there when we went last month. U get plenty of movies to keep you going through the flight and it does seem the best value for money. YOu can also upgrade for extra leg room seats or premier gold seats which offer you more room and free drinks. It's worth the pain to get to Vegas!

England
Level Contributor
454 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Return Visit from UK...Hotel deal advice needed

Yes MYtravel is the worst airline to fly to Las vegas with, but saying that we fly in 3 weeks for £110 each so for that price I'll put up with the uncomfortable seats, rude flight attendants, discusting food, and old, movies. Would'nt recommend Excaliber unless you like theloud leary drunken type. The Mote carlo is the same price with a much more decerning clientel, also try ceasers Palace which is a really nice place to stay. Bally's is great value for money, Don't buy a package with Mytravel it's a massive rip off just take the flight