just back from a great 2wk stay at TI and MGM (Sep 19-Oct 4)...had a great time and decided that we prefer staying up the TI end of strip... Want to return again in May as we can't wait as long next year, however our budget isn't as big for next year and are trying to see what we can get for a 11-night stay at start of May (budget of around £1700 max for two including flights and hotel).
We don't know whether we are better waiting until nearer the time for hotels and try and book flights just now. We can get flights for 11nts with BMI from Manchester, UK for around £850, leaving the rest of the cash for hotels or could book a complete package via mytravel/airtours staying at excalibur (not ideal location) for around £1755.
Does anyone know if there is any chance we could get a decent hotel midstrip for around £800 ($1600) or cheaper nearer the time? We had fancied Bills, Flamingos or Ballys for the location. Would love to return to the TI but I think it's going to be too dear! Sorry about the long post, so confused, but eager to book up again ASAP! Thank you for any advice in advance.