We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Hi There,

We get Wed at the Wynn 3rd May next year but have NO idea where to go after Vegas for our official Honeymoon.

Any suggestions?

Don't mind if we fly or drive.

Would ideally like to go coastal but concerned about temperatures... open to ideas!

Thanks

Kris

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Why not stay in Vegas for your honeymoon as well? =)

Bradford
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Hi There,

We DID think about staying in Vegas for the whole two weeks but as the rest of our friends & family will still be there it wouldnt really feel like a Honeymoon! (ie Mum, Dad & Dad in law on site!)

Kris ; )

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Ahhhh.....that makes sense! =)

I'm all for tropical islands and beaches.....yes, they get warm in the summer, but I've always found that islands have a nice breeze most of the time so you don't really notice...I went to Aruba (not for a honeymoon) in the end of April a few years ago and it was really nice!

Congrats on your wedding! The Wynn is beautiful....you picked a good spot. =)

Bradford
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Looked at Lake Tahoe but the hotels dont really seem "us" next option is Mexico (cancun) but that requires a change of planes in Texas I think : (

Looked at the San Diego area but same as Lake Tahoe the hotels seem just "ok" and after having spent a week at The Wynn we're going to need an impressive hotel! hehe

I see you enjoyed The Wynn!

Krisx

Wales, Uk
Level Contributor
368 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Hi and congrats on your wedding. I'm getting married in vegas in march and I too have the whole clan there. We are then going off to san fransisco for a week on our own for the honeymoon. I don't do beaches and have been to LA so san was the perfect choice. Plus I always did want to visit there. From there we plan to do a bit of touring (carmel and yosemite and maybe some more) but we believe theres enough there to keep us happy for a week! Flights are very cheap internally to either city! Hope you have a great time :-)

Lincolnshire UK
Level Contributor
406 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Our friends have just returned after the wedding with family & friends in vegas they carried on to San francisco. LA and new York.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Hawaiian Airlines and Aloha Airlines have direct flights from Las Vegas to Honolulu, HI. Hawaii is gorgeous, and would be a good honeymoon spot in my opinion!

wallington,surrey
Level Contributor
228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

I agree with previous post.Hawaii would be perfect place for Honeymoon and easy to get to from Las Vegas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Either Hawaii or San Francisco would be fabulous, if it were me though, I'd do Hawaii! No problems finding a wow factor hotel there!

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon AFTER Vegas???

Great choice of wedding day - that was ours as well!!

Hawaii would be just lovely that time of year, and pretty easy to get to. San Francisco paired with the wine country would be fun as well, plenty of beautiful hotels and great dining. Of course, if you want to get REALLY spendy, you can't beat French Polynesia in a little overwater bungalow. That flight is just a ferw hours longer than the one to Hawaii. I can attest to that being an amazing amazing honeymoon destination.