We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

Hi, anyone travelling to LV on Virgin from Gatwick on 22nd Nov? There's 4 of us on the flight with 3 going to celebrate their 50th b'day, hope Virgin have a lot of beer packed for that flight. We have our seats allocated in Row 33D-G, if you are on the flight please say hello, we are staying in TI for 8 nights. Just can't wait!. Can anyone recommend best place for a meal on Thanksgiving night after being awake for 24 hours+ ?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

It humbles me that because of our tourism industry people in Wales know when our Thanksgiving holiday is, whereas I could be in Cardiff on the Queen's Birthday or the anniversary of Trafalgar and I'd have absolutely no idea.

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

Stratt,

We don't celebrate those dates.

They're about as boring as July 4th and Xmas are to Vegas dwellers.

South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

Stratton, don't worry I don't know when the Queens bithday is, or when the date of the Battle of Trafalgar was, but I do know when St Davids Day (patron St of Wales)and St Patricks Day are, March is a good month! Good alcoholic times, best regards.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

See, I didn't even know that.

wallington,surrey
Level Contributor
228 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

Four of us are travelling to Vegas from Gatwick via Virgin on Nov 19th for 7 days.Also staying at TI.Grand Lux Cafe at Venetian is open 24/7,not too far from TI.

South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

ncypruslover, so we overlap by some days, we are registered in TI under the surname of Dean, perhaps you can give us some tips for best food/drnk (particularly drink), just give us a ring after we arrive.

What is the reasoning behind 'cypuslover'? we love Cyprus, especially the area around Protaras.

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

Just about every buffet in town will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner and will be extemely crowded. Wherever you go, you better make reservations ASAP. The restaurants will get booked fast.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

Grand Lux is a good 24 hour/day option. Plenty of menu options, casual which is nice since you'll have just gotten off a long flight.

Of course, if I had been flying for 24 hours I'd order room service and relax, Vegas style.

We'll be there on the 22nd as well and have reservations for Olives at Bellagio - yum!!

wallington,surrey
Level Contributor
228 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

TynewyddExport

Its actually Ncypruslover,which stems from our Love of Northern Cyprus (the turkish side).We too have been to Southern Cyprus but since discovering the North have not been back,See my forum posts and review.

South Wales
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UK Travellers and Thanksgiving

ncypruslover, apologies for the mistakes - too many strongbows - we also love Turkey, on our 1st trip in 1994, couldn't believe the atmospere and frienship in the bar as Bulgaria beat Germany in that World Cup!