We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite Vegas Shows?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Favourite Vegas Shows?

Trying to work out which shows to see so please help with your favourite:

Comedy:

Magic:

Cirque Du Soleil:

Other:

Thanks in advance.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

Well....I've never seen comedy...and the only Magic I've seen was Siegfried & Roy back in the day (it was great though!)....so here are my list of fave cirque/other that I've seen!

Mystere- I've seen this 3 times now....amazing acrobatics..lots of wow moments.....a great first CDS show to see if you've never seen one!

Love-If you even remotely like the Beatles...this show is for you, and you'll be a bigger fan when you leave! This show is an experience in itself....I've seen it twice...both times from the $69 cheap seats in the very last row....you can still see everything there!

Le Reve- Based on water, synchronized swimming, diving, etc....amazing music....very small round theater (all seats are good), I call this show the more "dark and sensual" version of O....

O- Again based on water, synchronized swimming, etc....amazing stage with this one, great music.....don't sit too close...I sat in the Loggia seats and they were great...anywhere in the 200 section would be good too.....

Blue Man Group- You either love it or hate it...I loved it! High energy...musical, unique, some funny humor....good show!

OH WAIT...does Spamalot count as comedy? If it does...it's hilarious, John O'Hurley is brilliant, very funny show if you like Monty Python....

Temecula, California
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

Comedy- Some of the best in town are the comedy magicians.

I would highly recommend Mac KIng (mid-day, very inexpensive show). But he is hilarious and also a very good magician. I would also recommend The Amazing Jonathan, and Penn & Teller.

Magic- Lance Burton (hands down) Copperfield is too expensive and just loves himself too much (plus he's being investigated by the FBI right now), Steve Wyrick and Dirk Arthur are just so so. The other good magic show in town (in addition to the comedy magic mentioned above) is Hans Klok, new to Vegas but well known in the world of magic.

Cirque- LOVE, buy your tickets now it always sells out (what does that tell you?)

Other: Spamalot is a riot, buy a beer at the concession stand just to get the souvenir grail.

Fab Four is a great tribute band if you like the Beatles

Blue Man Group is an amazing show, but you have to realize that it's not like anything you've ever seen

Stomp Out Loud is also a great, high energy show

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

Thanks so much you made it much easier working out what to see.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

Carla . . . if you're over about age 30 . . . Rita Rudner is hilarious!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

The others all gave you excellent advice on the shows.

Of the Cirque shows, if you have never seen one, then I'd pick Mystere as it was the first and many still think it's the best, I've also seen O and LOVE, loved LOVE!

Order tickets early because these shows do sell out in advance much of the time and you don't want to be disappointed.

Fort Walton Beach...
Level Contributor
857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

My favorites -

Mac King

Mama Mia

Danny Gans

Rita Rudner

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

If you have never seen a Cirque show- I think Mystere definitely has the most WOW moments and is a must see. If you have already seen it- Love is great, although not a typical CDS show. The emphasis is on the music rather than acrobatic feats.You do not have to get the most expensive tickets for either of these shows. Do not sit too close to the stage since things will be going on around and above you. I sat in the cheapest seat (last row) when I saw Love and it was fine.

Spamalot is a very funny goofy show. Mamma Mia is fun if you like ABBA music.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

We have seen many shows over the years and hands down the best is LOVE.

9. Re: Favourite Vegas Shows?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 17:20