We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to book?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best time to book?

Hi - we are planning a trip over to the USA in July next year and of course are heading to Vegas.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on when the best time to book a hotel is i.e. is it better to book as early as possible or better to wait as close to the date and try and pick up cheap rooms that way? We will be in Vegas from the Friday till the Tuesday.

Any help much appriciated.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best time to book?

If you want a particular hotel always best to book your hotel early and then watch to see if they have promotions etc. and then call hotel to adjust your rate. I am leaving on Thursday and booked my room for the Bellagio in Feb , rate has only increased so I'm glad I booked when I did. I'm paying $344 and the last time I checked their website it was showing $784 (busy week this week in Vegas) .

Don't forget the weekend days are always more expensive

M

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best time to book?

Hotels in Vegas are unlike any other. Their rates can go up or down pretty much daily. I would select a hotel you like at a rate you're satisfied with (in case nothing changes) and book it directly with the hotel now. Check their cancellation policy . . . most are 48 - 72 hours prior to arrival.

Then visit the Web sites of all the hotels that appeal to you. Sign up for their email specials. Monitor those incoming emails and check back at the Web sites as July nears (like April/May/June). If the rate goes down, the hotel will adjust your reservation. If you find a hotel or a rate at another hotel you like better. Book that one and cancel the first.

Important! Book directly with the hotel in order to do this. Most third-party reservations are locked in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best time to book?

Hotels come out with promo offers about 2-3 months in advance, so keep checking their websites for specials. Also, keep watching fatwallet for promo offers.

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/63/704925

Also, rates are much cheaper for stays Sun-Thurs nights vs Friday and Sat nights. I know that is unusual as in most places it's the other way around.

4. Re: When is the best time to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 16:19