We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Aurora, Ilinois
Level Contributor
438 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Hi,

We are a group of 14 going to Vegas 11/8-11/11, staying mid-strip in a few different hotels. There is an air show that weekend at Nellis Air Force Base, and some of our group are former pilots/airplane buffs, so some of us will be going on Sat. to the show. I've read on the website that they provide public bus transportation to the show from downtown Las Vegas, but it says nothing about the strip area. Anyone know how far away that is from the strip, how much a cab would cost, if a public bus is available on the strip, etc? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Alice

Presidential Limousine
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
The Deuce
Taxis & Shuttles
Earth Limos & Buses
Taxis & Shuttles, Bus Transportation, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
My Vegas Limo Tour
Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Mass
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

I want to say it is about 25-30 minutes from the strip. Could you perhaps rent a couple of vans for the day and split the cost between all of you? It's really quite easy to get to.

Unfortunately, I don't know of the public transportation there. Perhaps give them a call?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Holrk's idea of renting a van or two is very good. I've never taken a cab to the Base, but it would be expensive; it is at least a 30 minute drive. The Base is roughly north-north-east.

I don't know about public transportation to the Base, but you said that there is public transport from downtown for the Show. You can take the Duece from your Strip location to downtown and then grab the public transport from downtown, but that seems like a hassle.

Renting a vehicle (something like a Dodge Caravan can probably hold the whole group who want to go to the Show) for the day seems like a better idea.

parhump
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Call the bus company for details.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Hi There:

There's an airshow at Nellis on the 9th Nov.?? That would be terrific. Do you have a website address I could look at? We will be in Las Vegas for the week and would be very interested in attending.

Very easy to get to the base from the strip. A van rental is probably the best idea. Just stay on the strip heading north (Las Vegas Blvd.) Slow going but you will eventually drive right to the base. Or, once you have picked everyone up, just get on the freeway (one block west of the strip) and head north, follow the signs to Nellis. Salt Lake City, Las Vegas Speedway, etc.

Mass
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Yup, very easy to get to. I-15 North to exit 48 I believe. As poster above said, follow signs to Speedway since that is where you will be parking.

Aurora, Ilinois
Level Contributor
438 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

Thanks for the advice everyone....not sure about the car rental, as some of us might only go for a half day, while others might want to be there the full day, but we'll see....I also contemplated the Deuce into downtown, then the public bus transport, but it does seem like a pain. I'll call the bus co. and see what they have to say. Here's the website for the show:

http://aviationnation.org

I was hoping it wasn't that far away! I'm sure we'll figure something out. Thanks again for all your responses!

Alice

7. Re: Nellis air show on 11/10- how to get there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 20:19