We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Basics:

Who: 20 something couple, my first time... BF's 4th

What: Vegas for 3 night and 3 days flying on northwest and spirit

Where: MGM Signature Tower 2

When: Saturday through Tuesday morning

Why: Jimmy Buffett Concert and relaxation

I will include more details inside of the post! Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help!

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Day 1 Saturday:

I hate when people give me a bunch of details about the beginning of their trip... but I will say that flying in we made a giant "c" around the grand canyon, on my side of the aircraft with the wing tilited down for a great view. It was beautiful.

Rolled up to the signature, thought we were in tower 1 but no we were in tower 2. The girl held 300 dollars for incidentals which we thought was high. Especially since we prepaid. (We later found out we were not set up to charge anything to the room either... which made the 300 seem even more ridiculous) But we were able to check in a little before noon so that was plus. After wandering around a little trying to figure out how to get to our room... we open the door to heaven. Everything was beautiful. A balcony with a view of the top of the paris, ph, monte carlo, nyny, and if you turned a little you could see the mountains. It was awsome. It was weird not having balcony furniture, and some of the furniture... IE the table/desk and the extra chair was a little crowded for me. Get rid of the superfalous chair and give me some two plastic chairs for the balcony! haha, no but really everything was perfect. Loved the bathroom. LOVED the tub. Loved the robes. Everything was super clean and the tolietries included were just lovely. Girls, leave your shampoo and conditioner at home! We took a short nap and got ready for the jimmy buffett concert that was at 8pm in the grand garden areana. We walked to the mgm... no big deal at all... to their fairly mediocure food court as we were both starved. The food we got was pretty good though. We bought monorail passes, and headed towards the flamingo and margaritaville to pre party! We walk up and down the margaritaville levels go to each of the bars, and than mosey out to the strip where the street between the flamingo and o'sheas was blocked off for a street party! We drink and have a great time for a while. Than we decide its time to walk back to the MGM. Get back on the monorail. We decide to get some drinks at the mgm... and suddenly a cheap BJ table opens up. So at my boyfriend's urging... I sit down. for my first ever game of blackjack and my first table game ever... AND I HIT A BLACKJACK!

More on day one coming soon...

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

lol, congrats on the nice room, and congrats on the first BJ!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
7,836 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Sounds like a great trip Seminole girl, thanks for the info, and congrats on your lucky blackjack win!

I'm so excited, will be staying in tower 2 next weekend too to go see my all time favorite concert performer, James Taylor. You got me even more excited about staying at the Signature!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Great start so far.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Day 1 continued:

I continued to win the next 5 hands. Than "we" decided that I double my bet on the 6th hand and I lose. Bummer. After that I decided to walk away with my winnings and I am pretty happy with my 50 bucks as we decided it was enough to get ourselves a great champagne brunch for the next morning.

It was time to walk into the concert where many people who saw my game of blackjack going on congradulated me several times. We settled into our seats and started making friends with the ushers and the fellow parrotheads around us. The concert was amazing! Jimmy played a great show and two encores!

We decide to walk around a little after the show and we get on the monorail and take it to the paris which the BF was dying to see. We walk through the back of bally's and through the paris. Check out the menu for the buffett etc. I see a line of progressives and I remember that those pay out more sometimes so I sit myself down at one... put 1 dollar in and boom I hit a 20 dollar jackpot. The BF decides I have some serious beginners luck. We try a couple more machines but nothing really pays out. I decide I don't like slots... only video poker. Win a few dollars off one of those. We are getting tired and our buzzes are wearing off so we get back on the monorail and head to the MGM. There was no where to eat really... so stopped at the food court and got a hot dog and went back to the room. Slide into bed and decide we are not waking up anytime soon!

Drinks: too many to count Winnings: 75 bucks

oswego,ny
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

good job on the tr- sounds like a good time so far! keep it comming!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Too many drinks, a concert, and $75!!!! Great start!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Congratulations on your winnings!

Loving your TR so far

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Nice luck on BJ seminolegirl!! And seeing Buffett is always a good time, we listened to the first half on radiomargaritaville, and wished we were enjoying the show in person! Looking forward to the rest of the report!!!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: TR OCT 27-30 MGM signature

Ohh I see a Vegas Addict in the making!

Great TR so far. So glad you enjoyed the concert. You didn't mention, but were you some of the youngest in attendance?

The signature sounds great!

Looking forward to more