We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor to Outlet Centre

Scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor to Outlet Centre

Would it be a safe enough walk?

Is there like a hop on shuttle from the Outlet Centre back on to the strip?

Southern California
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor to Outlet Centre

Are you an athlete? If may not seem so...but it's a really LONG walk. Take a cab both ways.

manchester, UK
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor to Outlet Centre

Hi Dee,

You are best getting a taxi there and back........trust me I learnt the hard way and thought I was going to die (either by heat exhaustion or being splattered on the road!!!) we walked it when the temp was 102oF and it felt like my heart had been moved to my head ........never known a pounding headache like it, no shops for ages, we crawled into what I think was a petrol station just before the mall and needed to neck a litre of water before even paying for it. There are also some quite dodgy junctions to negotiate which dont have pedestrian crossings and for the best part of the walk there are no pavements. Needless to say we got a taxi back to the luxor.........we told the driver about our adventure and he about wet himself laughing........said only the British would have tried such a stunt .....glad our close encounter with death amused him so much :-) I wouldn't mind the mall was quite a huge disappointment for us. We still laugh at our stupidity 2yrs on and probably will for years to come

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor to Outlet Centre

Well Duh - About what is the cab fare from the outlet to MGM?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,531 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor to Outlet Centre

Take the duece--stops right there in front of the Luxor

Scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor to Outlet Centre

Thanks guys, its much appreciated x

6. Re: Luxor to Outlet Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 13:19