We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas wedding

cumbria
Level Contributor
784 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas wedding

Hi, myself and my partner are coming over from England to get married at the end of Apr next year, we've booked flights and hotel but are unsure which wedding chapel to book, so if anyone has any reccommendations that would be great, also after the wedding we are unsure what to do as its just the two of us. We thought maybe a romantic meal and a show possibly, again any ideas would be appreciated. We are staying at the Bellagio, which is the best restaurant there? thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
509 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas wedding

I am getting married 2nd Jan. We are getting married on top of the Stratosphere. Afterwards we have hired a limo and a photographer and we are going to get photo's along the strip and at the Welcome sign. We then return to the Stratopshere, we are going on the scary rides, followed by dinner at Top of the World (revolving restaurant with fantastic views of the strip). Then to Treasure Island to see Mystere. There are a couple of good chapels people give great reviews on here all the time. I am not too sure of the name of them. I am sure people will post them soon. We wanted to get married somewhere different and I didn't like the idea of walking down the aisle with no one there. Felt too empty.

uk
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas wedding

hi there we just got married at the little church of he west it was a lovely setting but these things are very quick then had a photogrpher for 2 hours and a limo to do the photo tour with then went to the protosion(spelling) bar at the bellagio for champagne which was a great place then onto prime which also was great with coffee on the patio watching the fountains

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas wedding

Hiya

I am getting married in April 2009 at The Little Chapel of The Flowers. Take a look on littlechapel.com . You can arrange and book it all online and the packages are great too.

After our ceremony we will be eating at Prime in the Bellagio and then having drinks in one of the bars there.

Tabitha :-)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas wedding

We got married at the Little Chapel of the West past Mandalay and it was lovely good people and great chapel looks like a reasl church and its not surrounds by anything other than Trees and only overthe road from the Vegas sign.

www.littlechurchlv.com

Birmingham
Level Contributor
156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas wedding

HI Sandstring.

My fiance and I are getting married in April 2008 as well! We've booked the Little White Wedding Chapel - it looks really good on the website and they provide a webcam so people back home can watch it (although I guess they probably all have webcams). I've had to email them a couple of times to make adjustments/ask questions, and they always get back to me really quickly. They pick you up from you hotel and take you back in a limo too.

After the wedding we're going to eat at the Venetian in the Grand Lux cafe (we don't like fussy food/surroundings so went for somewhere low key) and then we're going on a gondola and then back to our hotel for drinks and an early night!!

Hope you have a fantastic wedding day.

cumbria
Level Contributor
784 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas wedding

Thanks for all your ideas, have looked at a couple of wedding chapel sites but just dont want to make a mistake so its good to hear people that have actually been there. We are interested in maybe a gazebo wedding, as its just the two of us, i think im less likely to feel silly. A lot of people keep reccommending Prime steakhouse at the Bellagio but the reviews on trip advisor are not so good, I just want somewhere really romantic with good food. I cant wait!!

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
445 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas wedding

Keep in mind that a gazebo wedding will be on or near the strip, so most of them are not really private. Caesars might have one that is more secluded. We were married at Treasure Island and had pictures taken afterwards at Bellagio. I highly recommend both! Noone can believe when they look at my beautiful pictures that we were in Vegas. It was very elegant.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas wedding

Las Vegas is overflowing with romance. Some of it you plan, some you just fall into.

I had a steak dinner at Drays (basement of Barbary Coast across the street from Caesars) with my sweetie a few years ago that was so romantic. The place is done up like a boudour in red with suggestive pictures .. over the top as you would expect in Vegas but the food was outstanding and with a little wine we were on cloud nine by the time we left the place. Couldn't get back to our room fast enough even if we were a little tipsy :)

Then one night at the Mirage when blackjack got tiring, we stopped in their lounge near the tables when their band was just getting into some slow numbers. I will always remember a great black female singer doing a cover of Etta James' At last. Slow dancing and listening to this was as good as it gets in this short life of ours.

If you are a family type and want a taste of Old Vegas, wander up Flamingo past the Barbary Coast till you see a sign saying Battistas'a Hole in the Wall. This mom & pop style Italian place has been there for maybe 30 years and aside from the food, Gordy, the singer will wander by your table and do That's Amore or any of the other Italian oldies.

If you want perfection near the high end of the food chain, book Nero's at Caesars. The food and service are perfect and you can people watch with an outside table or get a small table in back if you just want to watch each other.

LV is full of happy memories for me and I'm sure it will be for you and your love as well.

You have my very best wishes for a lovely time. Enjoy

uk
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas wedding

goto prime it was really good and then ave coffee on the patio nd get a great view of the fountains,ave you thought of having a photo tour of vegas after the wedding todd from bentlet and wilson is great

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas wedding

we're getting married at Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel.

http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/