We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hugos cellar or range steakhouse

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
hugos cellar or range steakhouse

advice for steak and seafood,.Daughters getting married want to take them out for a great meal.Would you go with hugos at the four queens or the range at Harrahs.Are prices about the same.thanks much.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

This is just my opinion but I would go with Hugo's. I love the table side salad, the dipped fruit that follows every meal, and the roses for the ladies. I think it would make it feel special and of course you have that wonderful meal to boot!

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

give us price range, what "great" means to you and if you have transpo to leave the strip. Will the couple be in bridal attire - you don;t say if this dinner is on wedding day? It appears you want a steak place? If budget allows prime would be my suggestion - seconded by Delmonico. Alize is one of my favs if variety works for you. all of these costs more than your 2 - so budget would help.

I wouldn't pick either of your 2 - I hate Harrah's and hate downtown - but that doesn't mean these wouldn't be great for you guys, they may be perfect.

congratulations

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

I have never eaten at Hugo's but I have eaten at The Range many times and it is very good. It also has a nice view. Ask for a seat by the window.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

Haven't done Hugo's yet, but intend too, we looked over the menu and the setting and the menu prices, however we HAVE done The Range, and I was pleased, we both had an appetizer and both ordered the filet with some crab and sauce stuff on top and a side mine was a HUGE baked potato. Our bill was approx. 126.00 which , to me, is very reasonable, for Vegas we had , had enough drinks ahead of time, and didn't want to hike up the bill..... But do request a table by the window, you can overlook the action over at the Carnival Court, which is one more plus for the restaurant,, I have a hard time at some of the finer restaurants when it is like 40.00 for a hunk of meat ( filet or better mind you) and $8-10 for a potato,,, which is undoubtedly delicious,, but when I think about spending 40.00 for a hunk of meat I think about how much 40.00 would feed my family back home.. just my thoughts... I am a little frugal,,, but 126.00 for a GOOD meal in Vegas was acceptable,,,remember you can't really take home and re heat the leftovers,,,, okay,,, enough from me now !!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

I was going to post but vegaswannabe said pretty much everything I was going to type so....ditto.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

I have always loved my meals at Hugo's. I was never disappointed when eating there. I don't know the prices at the Range- but this will give you an idea about the prices at Hugo's:

http://www.usmenuguide.com/hugoscellar.html

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

I didn't care for the Range. The basic concept and service is good and the view and ambiance are excellent but the execution falls short when it comes to the food. My salad and steak were lackluster. Another thing to consider is that the restaurant is has a lounge feel to it and it may not be the right mood for a wedding dinner. Haven't been to Hugo's. Another restaurant that I think is close in price range and with a perfect mood would be Antonio's at Rio. It's an Italian steakhouse but in the past they have had similar menu items as the Range but the overall experience, especially food, was head and tails better.

syracuse NY
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

I've never understood why everyone raves about the view at The Range. It's two floors up and overlooks people walking on the strip, nothing spectacular. Hugo's Cellar, in my opinion is far superior, and the view, in the basement, is not far behind. Try Binions Ranch Steakhouse if you're choosing downtown. That has a view worth mentioning.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

Not "RAVING" about The Range,, but it was great for our budget,,, plus an added bonus to people watch, however, we did go over to Binions,,Steak House it wasn't open at the time, but it looked intriguing and along the guidelines of our budget, it was like 3:00 in the afternoon on a Sept. day, we had our car,and were drinking responsibly, but they let us up to look around in the empty dining room, but knew that we couldn't make reservations etc, and continue to drink and then eat and drive back to the strip,,.. but Binions is right around the same price range as the restaurants you've mentioned, we even sneaked and looked at their pool area,,,

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hugos cellar or range steakhouse

The steaks at the Range are very good and you have a great view and it is reasonable.

If you want a more upscale elegant place you should try Nero's at Caesars great steaks there and the service is fantastic.