We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check those room cancellation policies

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Check those room cancellation policies

Just received an email offer from MGM for some really good rates. HOWEVER, I also notice there is a "no cancellation" policy connected to this rate I quote from the site linked to from the message:

"This offer is non-refundable and may not be canceled or date changed. Rates may not be lowered once confirmed. Not available for existing reservations. Rates are subject to change and restricted dates apply."

So . . . be cautious when making reservations.

Could it be that the days of being able to change reservations/adjust rates on Vegas hotel rooms are coming to an end? Or perhaps this is an isolated case . . . but I've not seen it before.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Check those room cancellation policies

of course check all T's & C's listed - don't you always?

all offers/rates do not have the same, people post about this often - they don't pay attention until too late

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Check those room cancellation policies

I think that there were similar terms and conditions to a Luxor promotion a few months ago. I agree that it's a worrying hint that the hotels might not be as flexible in the future as they have been previously.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check those room cancellation policies

While I always read terms, especially cancellation, on reservations coffeemug makes a very good point. It is not by any means the norm to see such conditions on "regular" offers. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances. I hope.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check those room cancellation policies

Yes blagger....it was Luxor, and then Fat Wallet had a good deal advertised for Luxor after that which is the reason I would never make a non-refundable booking.

Thanks coffeemug for the reminder!

virginia
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check those room cancellation policies

Great reminder for everyone.

I noticed Luxor email a few months ago with same policy.

I hope this is not a trend.

6. Re: Check those room cancellation policies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:20