We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maxjet in trouble?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ballyclare, United...
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
maxjet in trouble?

Maxjet fly from London Stansted to LV and LA

Just in case anyone else was considering Maxjet. Reports in the Independant and the Times say they have asked for a suspension of shares following $31m losses.

Be careful

mpo

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maxjet in trouble?

Oh No! We booked Maxjet to Vegas about 6 weeks ago for a trip mid april 2008,,,anyone have any more information?

We're going for my parents-in-law's 50th anniversary so dates are not very flexible.

Should i be looking at Virgin instead, since i assume if maxjet folds I will get a refund...?

or at least be able to claim on my travel insurance.

its all very scary,,,,if they don't fold i'll be liable for two sets of tickets, if they do, and we wait to see, I'll be stuck with forking out for top price economy

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maxjet in trouble?

Posted Yesterday (Friday 7th)

MAXjet Asks London Exchange to Halt Trading Pending Clarification of Financials

MAXjet Airways Inc., one of a handful of carriers offering all-business-class service to London, asked that trading of its stock be halted Friday "pending clarification of its financial position."

The Dulles, Va.-based carrier did not provide any additional information about the move, saying that its board will update investors "in due course."

U.S.-London routes are among the airline industry's most lucrative, and competition for business travelers with generous expense accounts is fierce. MAXjet competes with all-business airlines Eos Airlines and Silverjet, as well as high-end front-of-plane services from mainline carriers such as United Airlines, American Airlines and British Airways.

Ben Foster, a spokesman for MAXjet in London, sought to assure passengers that the suspension of trading will have no effect on operations.

"It's very much business as usual," he said in a telephone interview. "The airline will be flying next week, and over Christmas."

"We're keen to put out further information as soon as it becomes available," he added.

MAXjet trades on the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market, which is primarily used by smaller companies in a number of different countries.

The airline's shares have lost half their value since the company went public in June. Shares were trading at 73.5 pence ($1.49) when they were suspended.

MAXjet offers service between London Stansted Airport and New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. It previously offered flights to Washington, but that route was canceled in October. The New York route has the most frequent schedule, with one round-trip flight offered daily.

"There are no planned changes to the schedule at the moment," Foster said.

Fuel costs for all airlines have risen in recent months, and that could widen MAXjet's loss more than previously expected this year, Calyon Securities analyst Ray Neidl suggested in a research note Friday. He continued to rate the stock "Neutral" and left his earnings estimates unchanged pending more information from the company.

3. Re: maxjet in trouble?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:16