We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Timmins,Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

Need your honest advice on this resort....reserved for end of march and not really reading any great

reviews.....just how bad is it???? Must be something

good about it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

there must be something good about it?...

Yes....the location, as in proximity to the strip.

the land the resort is on was bought by Harrahs, and the resort is being relocated to Koval, directly behind where it is now (formally Desert Club Apts.) so as they are going to be torn down for future Harrahs properties, there is not a lot of money going into them.

Arkansas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

djk, my hubby and I stayed at this resort a few years (3 or 4 years ago), we are also going to stay there in April 08. The best thing about this place is the location. We asked for and got the main building just for the location. The unit was small, but it was just the 2 of us so no problem for sleeping and showering, had no w/d in unit. Was clean but it is definitely an older place. We had no problems with anything working or help from the staff, they were great. You just walk out the main building and go through the IP parking garage and go up the stairs and you can either go left or right to IP or Harrahs and then on the strip. Never felt threatened or scared, was always well lit and we tend to be late nighters. If you got a good deal on the place (which we did), it's worth that so you have more money to spend in other places. If you have other questions, feel free.

Arkansas
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

djk, my hubby and I stayed at this resort a few years (3 or 4 years ago), we are also going to stay there in April 08. The best thing about this place is the location. We asked for and got the main building just for the location. The unit was small, but it was just the 2 of us so no problem for sleeping and showering, had no w/d in unit. Was clean but it is definitely an older place. We had no problems with anything working or help from the staff, they were great. You just walk out the main building and go through the IP parking garage and go up the stairs and you can either go left or right to IP or Harrahs and then on the strip. Never felt threatened or scared, was always well lit and we tend to be late nighters. If you got a good deal on the place (which we did), it's worth that so you have more money to spend in other places. If you have other questions, feel free.

Manassas, Virginia
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

We have stayed at SBR twice in last couple years on time share swap. I liked the place because its right behind IP and I could be sitting at a LIR table 5 minutes after walking out the door. Be at the monorail in same time. Was clean and quiet,beds were very comfy,kitchen well stocked. Was all we needed when we go to vegas.

I would double check and see WHICH summer bay you are getting,the new one on the other side of koval or existing one. When we stayed in sept I was under the impression that the move was going to be made in spring 08. If you are getting there after the move its going to be quite a hike to the strip.

Hope this helps

Perth
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

My daughter and I also have the choice of staying at Summerbay, Excalibur, Grand View or Golden Nugget. I can't believe the complete contrast in the reviews I have read on this site about Summerbay. Surely the reviewers must be talking about different hotels, as either someone so completely hates it (that they can't even let their children walk on the dirty carpets), or else they love it and have a lovely clean room? Does it completely depend on what block you are in, do you think???? Totally confusing, and a bit worrying about booking this hotel!!

Alberta
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

We've stayed at Summerbay about 7 times in the last seven years- since my father-in-law gave us his stock in the time share- and will be returning at the end of March as well . We like it because it's in a fantastic location (near Flamingo, IP, Venetian, Harrah's), it has a stocked kitchen which we mostly use for refrigerating bottle of water and a separate livingroom area. Like others said you can walk to the strip by going thrugh the parking lot of the IP or Harrah's, or walk down the street to get to the Flamingo or even the side entrance to Ballys. The pools are small and nothing fancy, but we usually go to the ones at the Flamingo since its so close. The rooms are a bit outdated, but we found them clean and quite spacious. We've brought friends with us and they have all thought it was a great value, and we've never felt scared walking to the condo at night. Don't worry about getting a room at the new place they are constructing as it won't be ready until the summer or fall. All in all summerbay is OK, so don't worry!

pittsburgh
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

I also can not believe the difference in the reviews. We are staying at the summerbay in oct of 2008. It's a little scary of the difference. My whole out look is how much time do you really spend in the room? I hoep the new summerbay is done by then. Does anyone know how long of a walk it will be from the strip ?

Timmins,Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

I contacted the hotel and said the move should be done in July 08 !

pittsburgh
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

thats great . Do you know how far away the new one will be away from teh strip? Thank you for everyones imput!

chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed at summer bay resorts lately?

any update on the resort