We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O or Le Reve?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
O or Le Reve?

Debating btwn these 2 shows for late Saturday night performance. Would like to get dinner beforehand. Which do you recommend? Showtime is 10 or 10:30 so what time should dinner reservation be? Thanks all!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O or Le Reve?

As far as the shows go...they are both good! I've seen them both. They are both based around water and are CDS type shows (although Le Reve is not officially a CDS show).

I always say that Le Reve is a slightly darker, more sensual show than O...and I have to give it a slight edge. They are different...and I think you can appreciate things in both shows. Le Reve has a much smaller theater which allows you to feel closer to the action.

Hope you enjoy whichever you decide on! =)

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O or Le Reve?

I have never saw La Reve but I can say O is amazing.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O or Le Reve?

would you recommend having dinner in the same hotel where we see the show to make life easier in terms of getting from one place to the next? obviously both of these are in places with great restaurants so that makes the dining options attractive!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: O or Le Reve?

I think I'd eat in the same place to make life easy...that way you don't have to worry about a taxi or traffic, etc.

The doors to the theater normally open around 20-30 minutes prior to showtime. I'd get there a bit early so you can get seated and comfortable. Both shows have a bit of "Pre-show entertainment" that happens before the show time so you will be entertained while waiting.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: O or Le Reve?

I have seen both, and we loved them both for much different reasons. I loved the small theater setting for Le Reve, but the huge theater for O is breathtaking also! The music for Le Reve is unbelievably beautiful, and I listen to my CD often. Both have stunning feats perfomed in pools and with water at varying levels. I would recommend them both but much prefer Le Reve. Also, my husband and I got a package for Le Reve with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, plush seats, and little TV's showing backstage and under water activities---It was a very cool package. You are right, you will find a great restaurant at either hotel, and I would make sure you are 20-30 minutes early for the show (I would eat around 7:30, myself or earlier and gamble or walk around the hotel before the show to be safe).

Enjoy!

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: O or Le Reve?

Of the two, I prefer Le Reve. Look it up on YouTube.com...very interesting to see before you go.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: O or Le Reve?

thanks for all the recommendations. we've decided to go with le reve. where should i get the tickets? through wynn's website, ticketmaster, or some other site?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O or Le Reve?

Book directly through the website on the Wynn site..if you go through ticketmaster you'll end up paying an extra fee to process it so don't go that route.

You can book your tickets online, and then just pick them up at the will-call window before showtime when you arrive.

Enjoy...you really will like it! Great show!! As for seats..this theater is small so any seat will be good!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
72 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: O or Le Reve?

any particular section better for this show? is the vip indulgence worth it? just not sure which direction the performers typically face. i wouldn't want to be looking at their sides for most of the show... thanks!!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: O or Le Reve?

The stage is actually "in the round"....so it's in a circle in the very middle...which is why you'll be able to sit and see from any of the seats!

If I was going to go again..I think I'd splurge for the indulgence seats and get the champagne and chocolate and tv monitors (once you see it I think it would be cool to see the "behind the scenes" parts they show you on there)...but really any of the seats would be good.

If you sit up close...in the "wet zone" you won't get soaked..maybe a few drops. We were in row F or G...and liked our seats there.