We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM Spa watch out!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,633 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
MGM Spa watch out!

Hi all.

My sister just returned from a trip to Vegas. She had arranged for a rather pricey spa day at the MGM. Unfortunately there was so much construction noise going on it ruined any and all serenity.

To MGM's credit, after she complained they refunded half her money. But had she known, she never would have gone there.

Just a word to the wise.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,810 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM Spa watch out!

I also had read a couple of reviews that addressed not specifically construction noise but the fact that it sounded like garbage dumpsters are right outside, and the spa is not that impressive.

I was going to get a treatment but decided not to for those reasons.

Thanks Voy.

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM Spa watch out!

Hi Voyagereuse,

I was at the MGM spa Jan 1 thru Jan 3, and heard no noise at all. I wonder if it (construction) was not happening during the time I was there. But, what a drag for your sister, as a spa day can be fantastic.

They (MGM) should of at least warned her before hand.

zbethg

maryland
Level Contributor
186 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM Spa watch out!

I booked a Shiatsu massage already and was considering popping in for a facial. Thanks for the heads up.

I was already not thinking too kindly of them because the spa price list says a 20% gratuity has been added, which meant to me it was included in the listed prices, only to find a second price list which said it would be added. Did you tip on top of the mandatory tip?

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM Spa watch out!

booklover,

When we went they added a 14% gratuity to our massage treatment, which for me is actually lower then I usually add. I think it also includes any tip you would leave for the spa attendants. I did NOT add anymore tip than that.

One thing I did like was that they had express treatment, 25 minute, and I had a facial which was fantastic.

As far as the noise issue I would bring it up when you check in and see what they say, they will then be on notice that you will be looking ( hearing) for that just in case you have a problem.

zbethg

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM Spa watch out!

I was a bit weary about the complusory added gratutity as well, but I must say I was there last September and using the MGM Spa was one of the highlights of my visit.

It is without a doubt, one of the best spas I have been to (and I've been to a few). And I definitely intend to go back when I next visit in May.

I will ask though, when I make the reservation whether the construction work is still going. Like I said when I was there in Sept, it was very serene and relaxing.

6. Re: MGM Spa watch out!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 20:17