We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tunnel Meltdowns

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tunnel Meltdowns

This obsession with the tunnel is so great. I love it and want to learn more.

Getting tunnelled is apparently a huge insult to ones intelligence. I got tunnelled it's going to cost me an entire $10 dollars more. I'm going to lose hundreds possibly thousands over the next few days but I'm such a miserable DO*CHE I'm going to meltdown as soon as I can over the cost of a PIZZA.

Why do people feel the need to seem such an "EXPERT" they have to jump in a cab and start ordering people around? Chill out you are on vacation.

Tunnel solution get a limo. It's cheap $60-$75 for an hour. No waiting. Go to IN-N-OUT, stop at the liquor store, take a cruise down the STRIP and if you go through the dreaded tunnel who gives a FLYING F***.

Cheers.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

Its not the money, I'd give the guy that in a tip if he didn't insult my intelligence and take me the long way to where I am going. Anyway people can scam you, they will.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

Since when did anybody posting on this forum get into a cab and "start ordering people around"?

Requesting whatever route you want to be taken is a basic right of any taxi user.

boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

In my experience when people say it's not the money it always is.

Taxi ride with tip $20

Tunnel taxi ride not tip max $25.

?????

Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

If you bought a case of beer that was priced at $15 and they charged you $25, would you pay the $25 or would you say, "Hey, you overcharged me $10."?

It's not the cost, it's being "taken" that pisses me off!

I work hard for my money and I do give a "FLYING F***" if someone "takes" it from me!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,350 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

Gee, Jar, seems you're the one who is obssessing about this issue...

You going to start cutting and pasting your moaning about others moaning about it on every thread from now on?

You just tacked in on another thread that was about a totally different subject.

Get over it kid, the insight you offer ain't any contribution and it ain't Chaucer.

Kwet yer bitchin'.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,369 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

The funny thing Jar about this tunnel issue is many times it is the fastest way to go, even if mileage wise its longer and may cost an extra $5.

For those of us who live/lived there we took the tunnel all of the time because it was the best route. Most people bitching about the tunnel do not know which is the best way. Do some people get screwed? Im sure they do, but for the most part the driver will take you the best way which sometimes is not the least expensive way. To keep on topic with the beer analogy above I can buy a 6-PAck of Bud or Coors for less than a 6-pack of good beer, but I wouldnt. Less expensive is not always best.

boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

Not bitching at all.

You got me. Is it illegal to cut and paste? Is it worse than getting tunneled?

I have read 50+ reviews on tunnelling in the past week.

As I said I want to learn more? I honestly don't get it?

So far no help understanding.

boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

goodbeer

it's kinda my point. the tunnel adds a couple of miles and a few dollars but who cares? i have no deep desire to prove my intelligence to a guy that is banging out a living. which begs the question does a cabbie make more $$$ for himself if he angers his fares and gets no tip?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

Survey says . . . .

Probably not.

But neither does that cabbie who gives out a bag of oregano expecting future business.

Southampton, England
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tunnel Meltdowns

Since the subject has been raised...

I'm staying at the Signature and looking at a map it seems you could throw a stone from the airport to the hotel.

What route should a taxi driver be taking me?