We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to stay in vegas

sheffield
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How long to stay in vegas

My husband and I and two friends intend going to vegas to celebrate my 50th Next March. I am thinking of perhaps staying for at least ten days , taking our time instead of cramming it all in. Is it possible to actually have a chill day there? We hope to stay in the Bellagio. Or is this too long. ?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to stay in vegas

It's certainly possible to have a "chill day" in Vegas. Definitely the case if it's pool weather, though it probably won't be this in March but spas are a great way of relaxing.

I personally think that ten days is too long even if it's your first visit. As you're coming all the way from what I'm presuming is the UK, why not split your trip between Vegas and say, New York or San Francisco?

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to stay in vegas

You will have chilly weather in March. Windy, too.

Stay 7 days, you will not have time at the pools to work in, in March. Grand Canyon rim will be colder yet, if you take that side trip.

Hold your celebration til May for good weather

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to stay in vegas

Assuming you are from UK, I would allow at least a week. If you are doing 10 days, you could also split your visit between two hotels on opposite ends of the strip for variety. It is very easy to chill out in Las Vegas. Dedicate a day or two to the pool only or venture out to the Grand Canyon. The longest stint I have ever done in LV was 7 days combining a week long meeting with a guys weekend. I was never so happy to leave but my pace, even during the days I had business to attend to, was out of control. 3 or 4 days is perfect trip for me, but I am only a 3 hour flight away.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to stay in vegas

I've never been but as we're also planning i've too asked this question. I've had people tell me that 7 days is to long so i'm not sure if 10 days is a bit excessive - i'm sure there'll be someone on here viewing this thats actually been, sure they'll be of more assistance then me.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to stay in vegas

Hi Sheffield-Travelers. I stayed in the Bellagio last september for 9 nights with my G/F, this was our first time there, my G/F doesn't smoke/drink/gamble and she's a vegan! SHE has made me book again this sept for 9 nights( not that im complaining ). We only seen 10% of Vegas and packed every day in with something, I guess what im trying to say ( long winded )is that 9 days will be fine.

T

Olathe KS
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to stay in vegas

Ok, this post is not going to sit well with some of the "addicts" here :)

First a disclosure: I love Vegas. I go every year. I get absolutley giddy just thinking about it.

That being said, you have planned way to many days IMHO. Of course, follow your own gut feel, but I would suggest 4-5 nights for your first time, but only because you are coming all the way from Britain. If you are going to use Vegas as a base in which you go to different places (like LA, San Diego, etc) then a few more days are warranted.

When I go to Vegas, it is strictly for 3 days and 2 nights. To me, Vegas turns real annoying after about 4 days. The same things that get me so excited before the trip and during the first few days really starts to get on my nerves. The clanking of machines, the lights, the smells, the people, the dealers, the buffets, the distances...its alot to endure for extended periods of time.

My suggestion is to have a good stay, but not a long one. Leave some places to discover on your next trip. Don't try to pack every Vegas experience in on your first trip because it will be impossible any ways.

I have been going to Vegas for over 20 years now, and one of the best parts of my trips is to discover new stuff and explore new areas.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to stay in vegas

Dude, I totally agree with Snappy KC anything over 4 nights is excessive. I've never been to Vegas,I'm going in mid April and I'd certainly get annoyed of the traffic, lights, people, crazy atmosphere etc. of Vegas.

3-4 nigths in Sin City and its a wrap!

ottawa
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to stay in vegas

We went to Vegas last May for a week and we could have stayed another week no problem. There is so much to do and see and eat!! I agree with other posts I would only go when there is actual pool weather. When we went it was sunny and warm all week.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How long to stay in vegas

Like a few people say, i'ts all down to personal choice,I'm happy with going for 9 nights other ppl aren't but like one post, he's been going for over 20 years, which i really can't see myself doing.Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll have a great time because your with friends.

T

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long to stay in vegas

Ten days. Man, I'm jealous. Vegas is great, but if I had that much time, I'd split up the trip. There's too much other good stuff out west to spend the whole trip in Vegas. Here's what I think I'd do:

Spend 4 or 5 days in Vegas. That's plenty. Do Red Rock Canyon etc.

Then drive to southern California and spend 3-5 days there--maybe Santa Barbara or San Diego. Beautiful and warm and relaxed.

Then head north on Highway 1 along the Pacific to San Francisco and spend 3-5 days there. It's a fantastic city and the drive up the Pacific Coast Highway is incredible.