We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Olathe KS
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Topic
Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

http://www.hofbrauhauslasvegas.com/

As I get ready for my trip to LV in exactly two weeks, I have been reading this forum to get keyed up and jog down some tips to make the most of this year's trip.

One thing nobody has mentioned is the Hofbrau Haus. This is a real German Beer Garden. It is the only Hofbrau Haus outside of Germany and it is WONDERFUL !

Huge steins of their own beer, great German food, and a live "OMPA" band. It's loud, unhealthy, and the server girls all have ample bossums !

If you need a cool place to go off the strip for a different type of experience, check it out. I loved it

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

We went there on Wed night and had a great time. I go to Germany every fall and yes this place is the real deal. My husband did enjoy the female servers as you described above:). It was just a fun change from the usual strip places...it was a nice night so we even walked back to our strip hotel.

parhump
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

Somebody has been led astray.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

Mr Snappy,

Well said. I might add that for those searching for savings on this restaurant, restaurant.com has just added a certificate for dining here.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

I've mentioned it before in the past...it's a really fun place to go for dinner and beer! It can get quite lively if the right crowd is there. The beer is amazing....the food is really good (sauerkraut not QUITE as good as it was in the original Hofbrauhaus in Munich..lol!)

In addition to the beer, they also have this really good apple schnapps served as shots that they bring out on a little board thing...really fun! =)

Yes...most of the servers that work there do have amples bosoms...but there are some great guy servers as well! =)

If you need a cab after dinner...head across the street to the Hard Rock and you can pick one up there.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

It IS an interesting place, but I was a little taken aback by the prices. It seems (in my opinion) that they think they are on the strip.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

I agree with Spike that the prices are a bit too high....but sometimes you can find coupons on the website.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

Thanks for telling us about this place, it sounds great. I'd love to visit it when I'm in Vegas but I'll be travelling solo. Is it the sort of place where single people can feel comfortable dining, or is it pretty much groups only?

Olathe KS
Level Contributor
897 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

I think you can go as a single, but you might feel a little bit left out here as opposed to most places. They have giant bench-type tables that seat multiple parties.

If you love beer and German food, go anyways. As with most things in life, it is what YOU make of it. If you are comfortable eating in places by yourself, you will be fine here. If you are the type that would need a secluded booth so that other will not notice you are alone, this is not the place.

About the price. I did not see it as a problem, but I will admit there is nothing "discount" about it. Also, if you are going to eat, this is stick-to-your-ribs type of food...VERY HEARTY. In other words, don't expect to play tennis after this experience :)

Kansas City
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

Too bad we don't have one in kc.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hofbrau Haus - Authentic German Beer Garden

We just had beers and shared an appetizer plate..sure a little more expensive than our German resturant at home but haven't seen too many bargains anywhere in Las Vegas lately.