We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Rochester NY
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

I am leaving for LV in one week. I have never traveled there this time of year. I am from Rochester NY and we have snow and ice everywhere-so I wear boots daily. My question is are pople wearing open toes sandles and heels this time of year, or is it LV winter-so even they wear closed toe shoes?

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

it does not matter what other people wearing on their feet.

Check the temps, if it suits you to wear sandals, wear them, you're an adult, make the decision that suits you.

I'll be wearing them everyday to the pool to swim.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Most important, wear comfy shoes. Your feet will thank you!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Open or closed toe is less important than comfort and the ability to walk over 5 miles a day in whatever shoes you wear.

That said it will probably be 60's during the day and 40's at night. To me that's not tiny sandal weather, but peeptoes would be fine.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Like every other item of clothing in Vegas, just wear what you're personally comfortable and happy to wear. No need to worry about anybody else.

Check a weather forecast just as you're about to pack and come to a decision then.

Wales, Uk
Level Contributor
368 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Hia. I'm a shoe freak and love open toes , heels, straps the lot. And weather doesn't put me off. But this time, I am taking trainers. Yep, flat scruffy trainers which I will wear with socks! Nobody at home knows I even own any. But this is vegas....and my feet killed last time so lesson learned! 39 sleeps :-)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,516 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Where's Gabby?

Arizona
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

As pointed out you are an adult, so you are being wise to ask if you have not been there this time of year. I live in Phoenix and my wife will wear open toe shoes most of the year. At night it does get chilly yet so it may be a tad cold, but coming from NY this time of year will likely feel great.

Also if people say reading someone's TR takes too much time and time is too short, why does she seek to useless answers, if her time is so short.

BF you would do many a great service if you don't know an answer to say so instead of trying to belittle the poster telling them they are an adult and make the decision that suits them.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

what's it matter where Gabby is?

I doubt anything to add to the advice already received: check the weather, be comfortable and be an adult and make your decision.

it's only shoes - that about covers it

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,516 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

Bridgefan, your feet smell. (:)

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I wear open toed shoes next week?

According to weather.com, the weather looks like it will be upper 60's to around 70 next week. If I were going next week, I would be wearing flip flops! I am also on the east coast and would give anything to wear open toe shoes right now.