We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Commander's Palace

Norwalk, IA
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Commander's Palace

Does anyone know when and if Commanders Palace will reopen. I had heard that it was being moved to the Venetian in February and I keep checking the website but it just says that it is closed. We are coming back to Vegas in April and it would sure my trip if they were open by this time. Thanks for you info.

boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Commander's Palace

the Commanders website only says:

"Commander's Palace is currently moving its Las Vegas location to a new spot. For this reason, the restauraunt is currently closed."

I really enjoyed the FREE MARTINI lunch. It will be missed on my March Trip.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Commander's Palace

This is hearsay, but other posters have indicated the deal to relocate in the Venetian fell through. I have not heard about any new location yet, and I would say there's pretty much a zero chance that it would be up and running by April. Sorry!

Norwalk, IA
Level Contributor
118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Commander's Palace

Darn it!!!! I can not believe that that place has been closed this long. PLEASE COME BACK COMMANDER'S PALACE.

England
Level Contributor
136 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Commander's Palace

Agree, best place to eat in Vegas and 25cent martinis.

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
214 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Commander's Palace

I read the original in New Orleans was struggling post-Katrina. I hope its not a money issue...

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Commander's Palace

I don't know anything about Commander's Palace...never been there, never even heard of it before this board.

On a flight to Phoenix yesterday, I read an article in the in-flight magazine about a new restaurant opening in Vegas--Louis's Las Vegas. It has "South Carolina", creole and cajun cuisine. Anyway, the article mentioned that the new restaraunt has hired Carlos Guia from the Commander's Palace (from the context of the article, Carlos was the head chef or mastermind from the Palace).

To me, this sounds a lot like the death of Commander's Palace.

Rob in Tacoma

chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Commander's Palace

I hope not, we ate at the New Orleans Palace and it was the best meal I have ever had. The Bananas Foster is to die for.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Commander's Palace

I miss CP so much! I am still dreaming about their wild mushroom soup, and oooh, the commander's martini's were to die for. So sad.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Commander's Palace

The very best meal, best deal,and best meal event I have ever had was lunch at Commander's Palace! I just loved my three courses....a fabulous soup,a grilled mahi mahi, and something sweet....along with four GREAT martini's each mmmmmmmm I keep checking on here for any news about its return. Hope I get good news soon.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Commander's Palace

My husband always wanted to go to this restaurant, but I always just figured that the martini's for 25 cents would just be a watered down mess,,,I guess if it reopens we'll have to give it a try! It is always raved about..