We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chippendales or thunder from down under

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
2 posts
Save Topic
chippendales or thunder from down under

going to vegas in march and wondering which show is better. any advice?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

i have not been to either in vegas, but have seen both recently here in vancouver.

my opinion was that thunder from down under was far far better.

both are esentially the same idea, greased up guys with amazing bodies doing hilariously cheesy dances... but the big difference for me was the money-grubbing of the chippendales.

with TFDU, we paid to get in, paid for drinks and if you wanted a picture with them, that cost money. everything else was free, they danced on your table, brought girls on stage etc, all for free.

chippendales made it quite clear (many times) that they wouldn't go anywhere near you unless you were feeding them dollar bills (and in canada, our smallest bill is a five. not cheap) the ladies that went on stage during their show had paid $20 extra for that "honour". that really turned me off. i paid $40 to get in, to me, that was enough money.

overall, i did think that the TFDU show was better. the dancing a bit more challenging, and the song choice was more fun. chippendales was so so cheesy, it stopped being funny and just got boring. TFDU had my friends and i laughing non-stop, it was a great time. i'd pay to go see TFDU again without a doubt. chippendales, no way. in fact, i'm not even sure i'd see it again with a free ticket.

keep in mind, this was the touring show, not the vegas show. TFDU might solicit money in vegas, i'm not sure.

parhump
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

A woman on the prowl.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

I got dragged to TFDU at Excalibur 2 years ago in Vegas by my daughter and her friend,,,,

It was cheezy but fun..and they volunteered me to go on stage...lol

Just to spite them i won the competition and as a prize got a photo with the boys!

As an older lady it was amazing that i beat the twenty somethings!

Good clean dirty fun!

Go and enjoy!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

I saw on one of the travel shows that the men from TFDU are all from Australia and they will NOT accept any tips or money. I have not been from either, but if I would pick one it would be TFDU.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

I went to Chippendales in Vegas and they actually don't accept any tips there.

You pay admission, for drinks, and you have the option of having a photo taken with the guys for an extra cost.

I'd bet both shows are pretty much the same. We chose Chippendales because its in the Rio and we prefer the atmosphere of the Rio to the Excalibur.

Have fun!

N.Y.
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

I went to see the thunder from down under & it was great you will really like it. Never seen chimpindales maybe you might want to see both shows.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

In Canada your smallest bill is a five?? How interesting...but do you have coin $1's? That would put a chill in their till :)

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

From what I saw on E...on TV this afternoon, Thunder From Down Under is a pretty sexy show.

NY
Level Contributor
512 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

Canada has looneys and tooneys. (did I spell those right?) $1 and $2 coins. Yes, tipping in L's and T's would be a sight to see! =) Does anyone else think of the cartoon..."its looney, its tooney...." when they are in Canada? I know I do!

10. Re: chippendales or thunder from down under

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 14:17