We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather inoctober

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
weather inoctober

please help /hoping to go vegas and san francisco first week in october whats the weather like in both places and would you recommened the golden nugget hotel.if not why.thanks or any good hotels

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather inoctober

We were there in October last year and as I recall, it was still quite warm. Tshirt and Shorts were being worn outside at least during the day.

Someone will likely tell you to look up their seasonal temperatures online to get an accurate forecast.

Golden Nugget seems nice enough and we hope to stay there someday when we want to stay off strip. The pool is really neat to check out.

I am more a fan of the strip though and prefer, Bally's, Flamingo, and Bills gambling hall.

I suspect others would suggest a step up would be, Planet Hollywood, Paris, Bellagio, Caesars, Mirage, or Venetian.

Good luck, remember to write us a Trip Report when you get back.

Have fun!

Bremen, IN
Level Contributor
245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather inoctober

I have went to Vegas every Oct for the last 7 years. The weather is absolutely wonderful. Not to hot, not to cold. I can't help with GN, sorry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather inoctober

First week in October should be wonderful weather wise, around 80 to 90 degrees farenheit I think, blue skies. It will be a little cooler at night.

Best thing to do would be to check Accuweather.com or weather.com the week before you go, those would give the forecasts for when you'll be in these two cities.

As for hotels, Golden Nugget is nice, but it's downtown Las Vegas. If you've never been to Las Vegas before, it's advisable to stay on the Las Vegas strip so as to really get the Vegas experience. Most of what first time visitors want is in the strip area of Las Vegas.

Check Paris, Planet Hollywood, TI, Mirage, Monte Carlo and MGM. You can find Paris on the Harrahs.com website, TI, Mirage, MC and MGM can be found via the MGMMirage.com website. Planet Hollywood can be found on the planethollywood website.

If you want to go more upmarket, check out The Venetian and Palazzo, Bellagio, Wynn or Caesar's Palace -only Augustus Tower and Palace Towers though. Caesar's can be accessed via the Harrahs.com site, The Venetian and Palazzo via google or Thevenitian.com and Palazzo.com (I think!), Wynn via Wynnlasvegas.com and Bellagio via the MGMMirage.com

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather inoctober

Gabby....

What a lovely response.

You gave some polite advice based on your personal views, and also advised politely where they could find more info out.

that is why so many solicit your advice Gabby, you're a class act :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather inoctober

This October was still amazingly warm. It broke 100 well into the middle of it and 80s or 90s beyond. That's not to say that this year will be the same, but that's what it CAN be.

SF will be much cooler.

The GN is lovely - they've remodeled and they're probably one of the best places downtown.

If you're on a budget, the Stratosphere is fine and on the north end of the strip... they often run specials. You can also get deals at the Planet Hollywood (former Aladdin)... and while it stays below the radar, Bill's Gambling Hall is where one of our friends ALWAYS has his friends stay. The rooms are clean and well kept and the hotel is across the street from Caesar's and the Bellagio.

Good luck

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather inoctober

We were there last year in Oct...and it was short sleeve weather during the day and a light jacket in late evenings...we are going back again this Oct..hope for nice temps again.

7. Re: weather inoctober

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:18