We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

hi,

I was recently in Las Vegas and stayed at a 5 star hotel with my girlfriend (I will reveal the name of hotel after feedback). They missed our wake-up call. I would appreciate feedback as I feel somehow ripped off about this experience and contemplate taking this issue further. here are the details of the story...

-It was my 5th and last night

- we had spent a long day at a fashion tradeshow at the convention centre, and my girlfriend and I decided to take a nap so we could enjoy our last evening in vegas feeling rested.

-We had made reservations earlier in the week to eat dinner at a restaurant with great reviews on tripadvisor. reservations were at 815

-at 4pm on friday evening, we call wake-up desk and request a wake up at 715

-both my girlfriend and I completely passed-out in matter of seconds

-we wake up, on our own, without a wake-up call...

-it was 845 PM (hence, we missed our reservations)

-I call front desk, and explain situation

-They apologize and request i speak to a manager, that I will get call me back very shortly

- I was very calm and not about to make a "stink"

- The manager calls back, apologizes and states he will call me back asap

-he re-reserves our dinner for 930pm, i request taxi voucher, he promises limo pick-up

-we head down to valet desk as instructed, no limo.

-valet calls manager, still nothing..

-40 minutes later, still no limo.

-it's 10pm

What would you expect given my situation at this point?

there more details regarding the aftermath of this situation, will provide in reply... please keep in mind, this is a reputable 5 star hotel, and this is our 5TH NIGHT!

thanks in advance

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,719 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,103 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Ultimate Grand Canyon 4-in-1...
948 reviews
from US$669.99*
US$727.00
montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

Regarding why I am chosing to leave the name of hotel out of it...

I have been warned by tripadvisor members about the term "shill". And given my situation, I am attempting to avoid being "shilled" by "shillers".

Thanks again for feedback

ps: there are more than ONE 5 star hotel in Las vegas, to suggest otherwise implies misleading marketing practices.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

So this hotel you had to call the front desk to request a wake-up call? Many of the finer hotels now have an automated system for the person to enter the time for wake-up.

Just curious since it seems odd that they still use humans for that tedious chore.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

I guess the better question is what do you expect at this point? Do you want someone fired or do you want freebies thrown your way as an apology?

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,400 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

I have a feeling there is more to this story than we are getting

15. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2008, 01:43
Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

I'm surprised you didn't have to program your own call, too. I always use my cell phone for an out of town alarm, and I always set it twice and five minutes apart when it is particularly important.

I'm surprised you just sat and waited so long after the expected time. I would have figured something was wrong after ten minutes and probably sooner.

I'd let it go, but I'm curious to know what hotel. Only because you seem to want to keep it such a secret. Knowing the name won't change my opinion about the hotel or this post. I'm just a naturally curious person.

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

I want to be educated on what to expect from a 5 star hotel with 5 star service. I am just trying to learn from this experience (which is why I am writing here), and perhaps take it further (or not) based on feedback.

the wake-up call is taken by a human, but the actual call is automated.

I would have thought that wake-up calls were substantial enough to rely on, especially at 5 star. Guess I was wrong for assuming?

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

I was not sitting around for limo, I was in contact with valet/bell desk employee who was in contact with manager trying to sort the situation

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

Well I am one who understands that we are all human and can make mistakes, so I would not press the hotel further based on the information you've provided (but that is just me)

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: 5 Star hotel misses wake-up call... what would you do?

I shill is someone who promotes a product or service by pretending they are a regular customer when in fact they have a financial interest in increasing sales. I don't see what that has to do with this. Tell the rest of the story!