We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool at IP and other questions

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Pool at IP and other questions

Hey guys... I'm staying at IP this May. I was wondering how their pool is??? and do we have access to any other pools in the hotels next door?

Thanks

boston
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool at IP and other questions

ddmmak

the pool is a basic pool, nothing special, concrete around the pool area to put the chairs on, a feeble attempt at a few palm trees..that said on a hot day it serves its purpose. There is also drink service. You can not use any of the other hotel pools if you stay at IP. I stayed here last summer and pool was ok, wet and cool, but as I said nothing special. I too am going in May I hope the weather is perfect so no matter what pool we are at we will appreciate it.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool at IP and other questions

We once attended a luau there (not worth it, don't bother) that was held poolside at the IP. The pool was a rectangle set in concrete, virtually no landscaping or other decoration. I also believe they have a hot tub, also square set concrete. The pool is surrounded by tall buildings and gets limited sun. If the pool is closed for "renovation"

while you are there (maybe scrubbing the concrete or something) you would probably be able to use another hotel's pool under some contractual agreement, but other than that the answer is no use of other pools. People don't go to the IP for the pool. I'm unsure why people stay at the IP when the Flamingo next door has low rates also and has a great pool.

Reno
Level Contributor
662 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool at IP and other questions

If there are no photos on the IP's website, you can always go to Vegas.com/resorts/pools to see photos of the hole in the concrete filled with water that the IP calls a pool.

Sarnia Ont.
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool at IP and other questions

Yes you have access to the Flamingo pool if you are staying at the Imperial Palace. They are owned by the samne company. Bring your hotel key with you and they will allow you into there pool and give you a towel.

Andover, Minnesota
Level Contributor
643 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool at IP and other questions

Stingfan1-

Are you sure about this? If this is the case then guests of IP, Flamingo, Bally's, Paris, Harrahs,Caesar's and Rio could pool hop between all of those hotels. Ive never stayed at a Harrah's property but I am pretty certain this is not the case. If it is Im switching to the cheaper Bally's frm MGM so I can use Caesars pool!

6. Re: Pool at IP and other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 15:23