We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting downtown

Minnesota
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting downtown

Is there any way to get downtown from the Strip other than the bus or a cab? I have heard stories about that public bus in Vegas and I am not sure thats a good option! :-)

USA
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting downtown

Four come to mind.

1) Walk ... It's a long walk through not such great neighborhoods but still possible.

2) Hitch Hike

3) Limo ... about $50 p/ hour

4) Car rental ... various prices

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting downtown

Another option is the trolley. NOT to be actually used under any circumstances as it's undoubtedly one of the developed world's all time disasters in the field of public transportation..... :-)

http://www.striptrolley.com/

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,657 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting downtown

Doc, you forgot shuttle- about $7.50 one way , $14 r/t, but you have to wait for it to fill and it may make frequent stops on the way.

Just FYI, I am a female and have ridden the bus from LAS to Downtown several times now, with no problems or fear- and it is at $1.25 almost as cheap as the hitchhiking option. We'll be riding it again in a few weeks. Ter are those who disparage it, but it's fine as far as I'm concerned.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting downtown

$1.25! Thats a steal! The bus here is $2.75 lol

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,657 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting downtown

I'm sorry- ixnay on my whole post- I thought it was Airport-Downtown you wanted ( More coffee please...). Tis true that the Deuce can be slow- another option would be to take the 105 city bus which picks up near the Fashion Show Mall across from Wynn and lets out near Golden Nugget Downtown. Unlike the Deuce bus , the city buses are always right on schedule. A few stret characters sometimes, but nothing to fear The fare is $1.25 while the Deuce is $2, but aside from the bargain is the time saved by travelling parallel to the Strip not on it , if you can get yourself to the mall to catch the 105

Sorry for not paying better attention Doc!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting downtown

So I think the 105 bus sounds fine in early evening, but I'm not sure I'd take any public bus in any city in the wee hours.... anyone got a guess at what cab fare runs back to MGM from Downtown? How hard is it to catch a cab? I remember last time there were a bunch of cabs standing at the Plaza, but I did not recall a lot more than that since the darling hubby was a little more with it than I was- I just followed along! :-)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,657 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting downtown

Usually plenty of cabs near the Plaza because the bus station is next door- but also usually easy to get one at the side entrance of Golden Nugget and at the entrance of Four Queens as well.I see them parked there waiting all the time. I'd only be able to guesstimate the fare- maybe $20 or so- it's usually about $25 to /from the airport and Downtown, but of course some cabbies run up the fare and at times there are traffic jams with meters running.

USA
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting downtown

There are a few places to get a cab Downtown Dawn. The two easiest would probably be either the Plaza or the Golden Nugget valets. They can also be found at the cab stands that are on the cross streets to Fremont that dead-end at the Experience.

A cab from the MGM will be about $25.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,023 posts
1,071 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting downtown

How many miles is it from the Bellagio to the Fremont Street Experience downtown?

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting downtown

Dawn, what you need to consider is that even late at night, the Deuce bus going to and from downtown is going to be packed with tourists just like yourself. It's quite safe. You can certainly pay more for a cab and get there faster, though.