We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

merrick, ny
Level Contributor
96 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

Can you tell me the difference between the show at Bellgio and mgm Grand and which you recommend we see and where to sit. We are going in the beginning of December. Shoud we book in advance. Thanks for your help.

santa ana,ca
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

yes book in advance. Bellagio I guess its the"O" is like aquatic. The MGM , I thought it was at treasure Island..oh nevermind...the newest one will be at the MGM...its too new to find out..top secret!

London uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

I am a big fan of cirque du soleil and O was fantastic. It is best to ensure you book in advance, however we did not know that when we got there and we got lucky that someone told us that all the last minute cancellatiosn are sold on the day. The queue starts at 4pm next to the ticket counter. There is no garantee if you arrive late but we got tickets on the second row and enjoyed the show a lot as it is magical and impressive!

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

Seen "O" it was great. Could not get tickets in advance. However, we stayed at Bellagio and got preferred seating

(center 5th row up). The hotels hold back tickets or they have cancellations and their paying guests get priority.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

"O" at Bellagio stands for eau the french word for water. It is a circus literally in ther water. There is a stage w/ a retractable area that opens to a swimming pool. High divers do a routine to live music and synchronized swimming, ballet, acrobatics, etc. It is rally cool and like nothing you have ever seen. KA at MGM is new and I haven't seen it. I have tickets for May and will review it when I return. Mystere at TI was the first permanent Cirque du Soleil show in LV. It is excellent and in my opinion better than "O". If you can only see one of them then I suggest Mystere.

DAO
Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

My wife and I want to see "O". Does anyone have a recommendation on seating - the prices run from $350 to $150 a seat. Is it worth sitting closer and if so how close?

Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

Where did you find $350.00 seats for 'O'? On the Cirque site the most expensive one is $150.00.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
266 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

DAO, you get wet and have to wear a raincoat if you sit too close. Row 5 and back should be good - I think they have a notice regarding this somewhere. I don't think there's a bad seat in the theatre. Take opera glasses!

Va Beach, Virginia
Level Contributor
563 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

Go to the Bellagio website for the tickets. We got the mid-range ones for 125.00 each and the view was perfect. There should be no 350.00 seats unless you are using an outside dealer. I recommend "O" instead of Ka.

DAO
Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: O by cirque Du Soleil or Cirque du Soleil

Thanks all...good and much appreciated advice. The high-priced seats I found on the net were offered from a dealer obviously not to be trusted. I've since checked out the Belligio website and found the "real" prices. Still pricy but MUCH more affordable.

Also thanks much for the seating advice. We saw Mystere in October and liked it quite a bit. The folks we sat next to praised "O" hence our interest in seeing it. Now I have to look for package deals!

grins and gratitude.