We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying awake

gatineau
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
staying awake

I was wondering if anyone had tips on staying awake?

Is there anywhere i can get someting stronger than RedBull ? I don't want to drink like 5 cans a day.

I mean I don't want to end up in jail, stuff that can be bought legally, or tolerated things.

Thanks

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying awake

jayson,

Your right to not want to find anything illegal to keep you up. I have to be careful to sleep enough in LV. I am out late and up early just because it's LV. It's just that my eys pop open at daybreak. Drinking too much can put you to sleep. :->

I used some ginseng at a conference once and my energy was really high. Is there some reason you want to stay awake that you haven't shared?

essex/suffolk,englan...
Level Contributor
740 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying awake

Here in UK we can buy ProPlus.A caffeine tablet which is like drinking a can of red bull.It works for me.Not sure if ive seen it in the states but im sure there must be something similar.Good luck.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying awake

Get a dose on the oxyegen bars

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: staying awake

5 hour energy works really well. Seems to be more effective when I'm mentally tired, no so much when I'm physically tired and desparately need sleep. If you're willing to elaborate, I'm curious too as to your intentions.

Honolulu
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying awake

Stay away from al-kie-hol

Boro
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying awake

I wil struggle on my first night, we have to get up at about 4am to go to our local airport, then catch a flight to London Heathrow, then change planes to catch a flight to Washington DC, switching flights again for the last leg to Vegas, we arrive in Vegas at 7.30pm, if you add the 8 hr time difference, the time in the UK would be 3.30am, so we would have been up for virtually 24 hours when we arrive. A quick something to eat , a couple of beers, then hit the sack. Its amazing how fresh you feel next day, the jet lag always hits me flying back the other way.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: staying awake

Ok firstly sleep on the plane I dont sleep on planes but make myself on the way to Vegas I take a sleeping tab on the transatlantic. Last time I was there I left home 6am UK time landed in Vegas 6pm Vegas time 4 am London time checked in had a shower met my mates started drinking and playing went to bed at 6.30am Vegas time. I had 3 hours sleep on the Transatlantic but I was fine and I need my sleep.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,301 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: staying awake

Tooth picks?

gatineau
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: staying awake

just want to stay awake and alert. we have "wake ups" here (caffeine pills) but they make me jumpy.

essentially i want to not be sluggish. the ginseng idea seems good. I just thought that there might have been energy drinks I didn't know about.

What is an "oxygen bar" ?

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: staying awake

At NYNY they do not have Redbull, they have a tasty orange SOBE energy drink (I drink these with vodka, but just a couple and then I do the water thing for awhile). It is not recommended to mix energy drinks with alcohol by the way. I never said I was perfect!