We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foreign travelers

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Foreign travelers

I just have to say one of the highlights of our trip to Vegas this week was hearing all the different languages and accents...it was wonderful. It had to cost you all a lot of money and time to get here..let alone going thru US customs...hope you all had a great time!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,628 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foreign travelers

KG,Great times.

Always have done and hope too in Aug 08

UP THE BLADES :)

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
837 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foreign travelers

Well, we have historical low exchange rate at the moment, makes it cheaper to visit US instead of say for example the Spanish islands.

But anyway, nice to be recognized, thx.

EK

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foreign travelers

I would feel like a pauper in Sweden at the moment( actually the entire continent of Europe, Scandinavia etc etc.)..so I guess you all have to come over here. When our dollar rises( oh please) we will head over to your direction. We stayed at the new Palazzo..and just pretended that we were in Italy..much cheaper!

Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foreign travelers

US Customs....not something to be messed with ...thats true!!! Been there done that...and nearly lost lol.

But getting to Vegas a couple of times a year...and LOVING every minute while i'm there...it's a small price to pay.

shirl T-23

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foreign travelers

Welcome to all of you foreign travelers! At least we have the tourism industry going strong...due, in part to Vegas...lol.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foreign travelers

We always wonder if visitors only see Las Vegas you must think we are one crazy ( but fun) country...

usa
Level Contributor
335 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foreign travelers

KG,I feel the same way.Was planning to go Italy this year but the way things are,will have to contend with Venetian.Really hope things get better in US soon,please God please......

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Foreign travelers

Maybe that is why the gondola rides at the Venetian had a waiting line every time we walked by.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Foreign travelers

Yes, due to the dollar value being down compared to the Euros we should have lots of visitors. We are going to Paris to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary this Fall and will be paying big for it.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lincs UK
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Foreign travelers

Just booked again our third trip in less than 10 mnths ( I do not need therapy ty ). Was quite disappointed in December when on my first morning walking to the MGM to pick my fight tickets up all I heard was boozed up Brits.

My fave accent is American, after 10 yrs I am just starting to get a grip with the regional differences.

Not good yet though I have offended many Americans, yep mate your from "Michigan, Florida, Washington" ok give me a clue.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Washington
Washington
United States