We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drive from lv to ca

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WALTHAM
2 posts
Save Topic
drive from lv to ca

Ok. I have a question. If i leave lv on tuesday morning lets say around 6am and drive to laguna beach ca and the next day leave around 2pm and head back to lv , how much traffic you think it will be on a freeway? Is it even worth going if i will only be in vegas for 6 days? would appreciate your answers.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: drive from lv to ca

I feel it definetly worth it. Last time in vegas we drove down to Santa Monica. And it was a blast. Its nice to be able to break up the vegas excitement a little bit, and let the adrenaline levels calm down.

As long as you anticipate the traffic I wouldnt worry about it, god bless the car pool lanes.

I think our trip back took about 1-2hrs longer than the trip to santa monica.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: drive from lv to ca

Car pools won't be applicable if the OP is solo. From the way the post is worded I suspect that may be the case.

Do you have a specific reason for doing this? I've done this drive countless times but doing a round trip within 36 hours isn't my idea of a fun time when you're on vacation. Impossible to say how good or bad the freeways will be once you get into the metro LA area.

Malibu
Level Contributor
10,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: drive from lv to ca

This does seem like too much driving to just do a turn around. Laguna is also worth more than a few hours. It's a very pictuesque and unique California beach town.

San Diego
Level Contributor
100 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: drive from lv to ca

Traffic could be horrible heading east/north from Laguna. Traffic in Orange County/LA starts very early (or does it ever really stop?)....and everyone is trying to head east...once you get past Victorville or Barstow on the 15, it should be fine...but you could find yourself spending 3 hours just to get out of the LA Basin....

5. Re: drive from lv to ca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 03:19