We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

love or O?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
love or O?

Want to see a Cirque show when in Vegas and just wanted to see people's opinions who have seen both

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: love or O?

I have seen them both and enjoyed them both! They are very different shows.

"O" is based on water..it has a magnificent stage that transitions from a deep pool to a hard surface in seconds. You'll see lots of diving, synchronized swimming, acrobatics, etc. Very beautiful show. We sat in the Loggia seats along the upper balcony edge and were able to see everything really well from there. For this show I think sitting in the 200 section or further back allows for a great view.

I have seen LOVE twice now. This show is all about the music of the Beatles. It's hard to describe, but this one I call an "experience" rather than just sitting and watching a show. They have speakers in each individual seat, and hearing the songs and watching the show will hit so many emotions for you. It's a visual and acoustic wonder! If you're even remotely familiar with and enjoy the Beatles music, I think this show is great. It's not as acrobatic as the other CDS shows, and has more dance, etc. to it...but very enjoyable as well. Both times for this show I sat in the very last row..you can get the cheapest seats for this one and see great. It's a smaller theater and set "in the round" so you can see well even from the very last row.

I think you'll enjoy either one! =)

Hi Desert, Cali
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: love or O?

I have not seen "O" but I have seen LOVE and it is great. You will realy enjoy it if you like the Beatles music. Even if you dont, it is a great show and I highly recomend it.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
420 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: love or O?

I vote for O - its an amazing show. Love was great too, but only if you are a huge Beatles fan (I am only a moderate Beatles fan).

Boston
Level Contributor
910 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: love or O?

We've seen 4 CDS shows:

LOVE

KA

O

Mystere

And we liked them in that order.

toronto
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: love or O?

If Love is as good as CDS gets then I'll never watch another cirque show again. The Music was great. But I didn't go just to hear someone play a Beatles CD. The music was 100x better than anything you'll see on stage.

Octopuses garden was good but I actually fell asleep during the here comes the sun performance. This show could of been waaay better. And that mime looking dude that walks around holding a flower was annoying. Looked like such a geek and did nothing but walk around and look sad. How Entertaining.....NOT!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: love or O?

I have seen both, and I prefer LOVE, because it kept me awake. "O' was really good, but the music almost relaxed me to the point of sleep a couple times.

7. Re: love or O?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 06:28