We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France???

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mwnt
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Air France???

Going to Vegas in a couple of week and flying with Air France. Are they any good? What are peoples previous experiences flying with them? Do they have good in flight entertainment i.e films?

UK
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France???

Mwnt - whats the story with the Air France flight - is it a good option?

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France???

Hi

Air France have started doing new routes from the UK so they have been doing good deals. There won't be many reviews because of this but try goole airline reviews and you should get some answers on what people think.

Clive

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France???

Sorry should read google

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France???

I have flown on Air France twice-but not to Vegas. They were fine both times. Both times they were on time and the service was good. Just be sure everything is correct on your ticket. On my first trip (pre 9/11) one letter was different in my name. I notified them and they sent me a new ticket-with another letter different. They told me not to worry about it. I had no problem flying to France but they didn't want to let me get on the plane to come home because the name on the ticket didn't match the name on my passport. It took a while to get it all straightened out . But the flights themselves- food, service,etc. were fine. They were much much better than Alitalia but not as good as Virgin Alantic.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France???

I flew AirFrance a longggg time ago- Chicago to Paris and back. I was actually my first time on an airplane. It was a long flight (9 hours) but I was very comfortable. The movies were dubbed in French, which was weird but I spoke French so that was fine for me. I'm sure it's much different now since that was almost 18 years ago...yikes....

KTfromNC
Level Contributor
350 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France???

Air France compared to say Delta....

Not really comparable. Delta is terrible and AF isn't....LOL

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,140 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France???

"Air France compared to say Delta....

Not really comparable. Delta is terrible and AF isn't....LOL"

I have a good point of comparison, since I recently flew Delta to Paris and Air France on the return from Paris.

There was virtually no difference. Leg room was the same, food was the same, entertainment options were the same. OK, Air France gave a mini-shot of cognac after dinner and Delta didn't, guess the nod goes to AF lol.

knb
colorado
Level Contributor
705 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France???

Flew Air France last May from Paris to Atlanta and loved it. Seats were comfortable and the service was excellent. Also, you get real food! LOL Don't hesitate to use them - I would in a heartbeat! Have fun in Las Vegas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France???

Keep in mind that the final leg of your flight (US domestic portion) likely will be on Delta (Air France partner).

Air France doesn't service LAS directly.

10. Re: Air France???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 18:20