We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you choose?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What would you choose?

Ok I know I just got back but I have decided that it wasnt enough time and I will probably go back in a couple of months. I went downtown for the first time and loved it and there are still places I havent explored on the strip (Venetian & Harrahs). I dont want to spend too much $$ on hotel $100 per night or so. I will also probably be traveling alone and going for 2 nights (Friday to Sunday).

So would you stay downtown then plan on visiting the strip on my one full day (Sat) OR would you stay on the strip (center area ie Flamingo or something) and visit downtown on my full day???

Thanks!!

Christine

ps. I have only been to vegas twice...both times stayed at the Luxor (but dont want to go back there).

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you choose?

I'd opt for Center Strip. Unless you REALLY like to gamble, there's far more to do and see there. We also make a trip downtown each visit . . . but only for a few hours.

If you're not locked in to Friday to Sunday, consider going during the week . . . you'll save a LOT of money.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
445 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you choose?

I would stay on the strip - Harrahs, Bills, or Flamingo are good choices.

Teresa

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you choose?

It depends on the prupose of your trip. If the focus is on gambling, then by all means, stay downtown. If you're going to want to be seeing shows and going to nightclubs, then you should stay on the Strip. Though you might find it challenging to stay under $100/night on a weekend on the Strip anyplace central, except maybe Imperial Palace.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you choose?

I am a total slot player...love them :) I also like walking around to see what there is to see and take pictures. For this next trip I dont plan on going to any shows or eating out at any fancy places.

For those of you that have gone by yourself did you feel safe downtown (canopy area) at night?? Were the rooms noisy compared to strip area?? I definitely do not want to hear music etc in my room. The $100 a night I mentioned was only a estimate and what I would like to pay (I will pay more if needed).

Thanks Again

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you choose?

I would definitely stay on the strip. It would be a change from staying downtown and there is so much more on the strip. Try the Flamingo or maybe Monte Carlo. Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip.

virginia
Level Contributor
4,282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you choose?

I would stay center strip,( try Bally's or Flamingo

go to Harrahs/hot deals) and take deuce downtown for a day visit and hang out at night at mid-strip.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you choose?

Try sompelace like Four Queens - if you get a room that doesn't face Fremont Street it shouldn't be too noisy. I don't think you would feel unsafe at all. I don't see any reason to pay more to stay on the Strip in your case.

8. Re: What would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 11:19