We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to expain this...

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help to expain this...

OK, just booked the airfare and I go to book the room at Bellagio, and the price is up $40 a night for exactly the 4 days I want, no others! From $259 to $299 in June? Popped up that much in three days since I last checked...

What's up with that?

Binti

pa
Level Contributor
16 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to expain this...

I've noticed that hotel rates fluctuate so much even in a week. When I was booking mine it went down and up and down again. I called the hotel after I booked and got the lower rate since it went down again!! Hotels will give you the lower rate if after you book it goes down. All you have to do is call them.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to expain this...

Supply and demand-simple as that. If people start booking on certain dates(no matter what the reason) there will be less rooms available and the hotel will raise the rates. If they see there is less demand on certain dates- they will lower the rate. I have seen room rates dramatically increase or decrease overnight- just like airline tickets. The rates for hotels in Vegas are constantly changing. This is why people are always told to book a room directly with the hotel and then keep checking the rates. If you do that and the rates drop- you can contact the hotel and they will usually give you the lower rate. If the rates increase- you have your rate locked in.

columbus
Level Contributor
979 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help to expain this...

Thanks, guys, ya I guess that makes sense.

I'm a Vegas newbie, I have never booked hotels anywhere in the world where prices change like that,

Now I know!!!!

Binti

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help to expain this...

If you happen to rent a car in Vegas- do the same thing. I have had one car reservation drop in price three times. Each time I contacted the agency and they gave me the lower rate for that one reservation.

I agree with you on hotel rates in other cities or countries. Vegas is unique- to say the least.

Regina
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help to expain this...

Some things can't be explained. Had ballys booked for 2 nights in April, kept checking rates and they kept increasing, so I figured I had a good deal. Then I checked a promocode site and checked prices with that...they went down, so called the hotel gave them the promo code and they said it was expired. So I put on the poor me voice and the lady said..why not..gave me the promo price and upgraded the room. Go figure.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help to expain this...

You might try looking into the Venetian, Palazzo or Wynn for the same dates. You could book a room at one of those hotels and cancel when/if the Bellagio rates come down. Sometimes there is just something going around in that area (Flamingo sometimes hosts small conventions) or an excess of weddings. When we went to Vegas, rates at the Flamingo in January were very high even though there was not anything going on, so I booked the Mirage since it was just a little more. Finally, less than a month before we went, Flamingo came out with good rates, so I cancelled the Mirage and booked the Flamingo.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help to expain this...

In case you haven't figured it out Las Vegas is not like everywhere else. Rates can change on a daily basis and go both up and down. The advise of booking the room directly through the hotel is best and the only way to go. Then you keep checking every day and if the rate goes down call the hotel and you will be given the lower rate.

EVEN BETTER ADVICE: The best rate you will get in Las Vegas will be the the rate the hotel SENDS TO YOU.

You still have time for June. Go to the Bellagio website and sign the guestbook to receive hotel offers. I would also got to Wynn, Palazzo & Venetian and register on thier sites. Then the hotels will send you offers at rates that will be lower than the standard internet rates, and also may include perks or discounts on dining and other services.

BTW: Unless it is Friday or Saturday night $299 is way to much for Bellagio.

8. Re: Help to expain this...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:19