We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swift Current, SK...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

My wife and I and two of our friends just returned from a stay at the MGM (Mar.24th - 27th). We used the Ultimate Escape package code ($69/night, 3rd night free, $25 food credit, etc) to book two Grand Tower King size bed rooms.

We got to the hotel at about 11 pm on Monday night and the place was really busy. We waited in line for about 10 minutes to check in. While waiting, I decided that there was no way I was going to try getting any kind of upgrade because of the time of day and how busy it still was. When it was my turn to check in, I told the guy my last name and the last name of our friends and asked him if there was any chance of us getting our rooms in the same neighborhood so that we didn't have to search for each other all of the time.

The guy winced and said, "I don't know, sir. We're really tight right now, but I'll see what I can do for you." He wrote down a couple of numbers and went and stood in line with the other agents with a manager who appeared to be doling out the rooms. He came back with a smile on his face. He pulled out a book that showed floor plans and descriptions of the different rooms at the MGM. He started flipping through the book...and kept flipping and flipping.

Finally, he stopped and said, "Here's what we can do for you. We have a Marquee Suite that we can put both couples in for the same price." I started reading the description...1,550 sq feet, 2 private King bedrooms, a massive living room area with a bar and sectional couch, 2 private bathrooms, etc.

I gave the guy my most composed "I guess we'll take it." So, each couple paid $69/night for two nights and we got our third night free. The guy said that if we walked in off the street, the room would be $800 a night. I then lost my composure and started giggling.

Our room was 23 - 141 in the North Tower. We had an unbelievable view of the strip and the view from my bedroom was directly looking at NY/NY and the Monte Carlo. It was amazing. The room even had it's own doorbell...I've never had a hotel room with a doorbell before (and probably never will again).

The MGM was fantastic and I'll definitely stay there again. It was quite the experience to stay in a suite that we really had no business staying in.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

Now that's what I call an upgrade.

Well done.

Fort Walton Beach...
Level Contributor
857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

WooHoo!! Great story - way to go!

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

You lucky thing! Now why does that never happen to me?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

How great is that! Lucky you!

dayton, ohio
Level Contributor
633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

WOW!! What a major upgrade.

Good for you. :-D

Swift Current, SK...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

Thanks everyone. Thankfully I won on the upgrade, because I didn't win on any of the machines I played.

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

Wow...what a once in the lifetime experience! Congrats for a lucky time to be at the desk You won all around with out betting a thing!

Canada
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

WOW...just reading this FANTASTIC story makes me love the MGM Grand even more than I already do!!

Very nice upgrade!!

New York
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

Whoopy Doo! I just have to ask doc22- what did the doorbell chime sound like? Not Avon calling I'll betcha.

WTG!

winterpeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Jackpot Upgrade at the MGM!

Nice!!!!! :)