We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imperial Palace Has it changed?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Imperial Palace Has it changed?

Just wondering how the I.P. has changed since Harrahs took over. I don't get anymore offers from them and was wondering what everyone who stayed at the I.P. in the past have seen for changes.

Snake

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

They are starting to do offers through Total Rewards. If you have a TR account, try booking a room through reservations with your account number and see if you get a discount. If you only had an IP account, try calling/emailing Harrah's to get your new account number.

USA
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

They charged me half price for a drink at the VP bar even with my $100 bill in the machine. Gotta love HET.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

I don't think that Harrah's taking over Imperial changed the charging for drinks while playing Video Poker. A few years ago my husband sat there and played while having a drink and when he went to leave they gave him a bill for his beers. He said but I played the whole time I was here and they said he still had to pay. That was even before they were bought.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

I was there last May and never had to pay for anything??????????

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
393 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

I am wondering the same thing... We will be staying there in June and I hope that it hasn't changed too much, we have stayed there a few times in the past and were always well taken care of, hopefully that continues even with it being owned by Harrahs now...

Arkansas
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

I actually got a letter from them with the offer of $50 cash, good through 2009. Am going to cash in next week (1st-5th). Have also stayed there 2 or three times in the last few years. Hotel not changed much -- it is what it is!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

I was there in October and didn't have to pay for drinks at the bar while playing video poker. They did put the bills in the cup in front of me but that was just for their own tracking purposes. Most places do that..just their way of getting a tip if you don't tip after each drink. I tend to put a few bucks in the cup with the receipt for each beer.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

We stayed there one night last week. Actually had the week booked at Four Queens but decided to stay at the IP after the LOVE show and because I had entered a bingo torunament there the next day. Never paid for a drink while at the VP bar - husband was drinking Sam Adams and I had margaritas. When we checked in (it was 11:30 a.m.) they said our room was not available but then she talked to someone in a suit and said we could get into our room right away as they had a luv tub suite available! So got into our room immediately, played a bit (won a couple hundred), walked the strip and then went to our show. Came back and played a bit more, stayed even on $$. Got up the next morning registered for bthe bingo tournament, got a free fleece jacket for entering, checked out of the room,ate a late breakfast and then played the bingo (didn't win anything but fun for free), got on the deuce and headed back downtown. I will definitely stay there again as like I said, never had any problems with them and like the friendliness of the staff which I felt was better than most of the staff at the Four Queens.

9. Re: Imperial Palace Has it changed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:18