We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

44 minute layover

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
44 minute layover

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I searched the forum but didn't see anything.

I'm about to book a flight from SJC to PHL with a 44 minute layover in Las Vegas (flying with US Airways)

Am I going to have trouble making this connection? I've never been to the Vegas airport so I have no idea if this is a reasonable layover time.

thanks so much!

Boston...
Level Contributor
245 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 44 minute layover

Cross your fingers - You can't tell if your original fight will be delayed, which will make you be late for your next flight - anything can happen - You should be o.k if you can without cost change your flight for a different time. I have ran to my plane on close calls - and everyone was already seated. Good Luck

US
Level Contributor
395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 44 minute layover

The "legal" connecting time in Las Vegas for Us Airways for a domestic to domestic flight is 35 minutes.........so IF you are on time, you should be fine.....if you are late, it could be a problem.

Are you on the 1st flight of the day by chance? If so, your chances are better than if you are leaving later in the day.

Good luck!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,634 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 44 minute layover

It's not a connection that I would accept, too many chances for something to go wrong.

In which case they will put you on another flight, I just wouldn't want to deal with the hassle of it.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 44 minute layover

Ok, I guess I will risk it.

My flight arrives in Las Vegas at 9:56pm and leaves at 10:40pm...so not the first flight of the day unfortunately.

I will not have checked baggage though, just a carry on, so that should help. I'll be prepared to run!

Thanks very much for your help!

Hotlando, Fl
Level Contributor
9,198 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 44 minute layover

You should be fine. USAir gates aren't that far apart. Now if it was Continental and the connection was in Houston, no way. Those gates can be a mile apart.

New York
Level Contributor
875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 44 minute layover

Make sure it's not the last flight out!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
442 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 44 minute layover

I was hoping you weren't going to try to venture to the strip on your 44 minute layover when I first read the title of the thread! Like everyone else has said as long as everything stays close to on-time before, you should be fine. I've done 30 minute connections in Atlanta and had to run like a maniac, but always made them. Best of luck!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,995 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 44 minute layover

assuming flight is on time, airlines would not and I believe can not by law book a flight that you cant make. So yes 44 minutes is plenty of time, providing you arrive on time. Your flight is not unique it is on the airlines schedule every single day, if it was an issue they would make a change to their schedule.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 44 minute layover

Thank you everybody for such quick replies. I will keep my fingers crossed that their aren't delays!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 44 minute layover

The only thing I can add is if you can sit as close to the front of the plane as possible. That can save you 5-10 minutes, if you are in the back and people are taking their time it can be a bit of a wait.