We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

bahiatraveler
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Topic
The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Good Morning,

Heading to Vegas this afternoon 4:15 PM. I am looking at my carry on bag under my desk right now at work. All I keep thinking about is the Vegas bounce, you know that feeling. If you are a regular, I think you know what I am talking about.

I wish they could bottle this feeling up, the energy more or less feel like I am walking on air, the only thing I can describe it as is the Vegas bounce.

For those of you who are planning your trips in the next few weeks, it will be here before you know it. Until then feel free to reminisce and live through my Vegas bounce. Not to worry, when I get back I will be reading this board on a regular basis so that I can live through all of your experiences until I get a chance to get back and again.

The best thing about Vegas is that it is an open canvas and you as the artist are responsible for filling in the colors and scenes as you wish. It has far less about what type of hotel you are staying at, it is all about what you do with yourself while you are out there. Meeting great people and having a great time.

Staying at Bill's so if you are there stop by and say to John from New Jersey. I will be betting green on the blackjack tables.

Take care,

John

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Hi John

Hope you have a fantastic time and win lots of $$$

I've only got 21 weeks to go till i'm there, so I will live through your bounce!!

Hope you will post a TR on your return.

Have fun!

cas

bahiatraveler
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Cas, you got it. I will post the trip report.

Heading to vegas with my wife on this trip. We are going to see Elton John Saturday night. Got those tickets when I was in Vegas the last time out in February.

My wife doesn't gamble but I take her to shows and Vegas gives her a chance to unwind after taking care of a 4 year old and 2 year old at home.

We got a suite at Bill's Gambling Hall. This should be interesting, never got a suite before but Bill's comped me the whole stay which makes it even better. Sort of offsets the $360 airfare per person.

Thanks,

John

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Vegas bounce . . . that's an interesting way to describe it :D

Enjoy your trip!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Oh you are so lucky to see Elton John. My Husband and I have been to Vegas for the last 5 years and we always seem to time it when he's not on!! He's a great performer. Hope you & your wife enjoy.

I love Bills, their normal rooms are really nice, so i would imagine a suite would be fab.

Looking forward to re-living your trip when you get back.

Cas

bahiatraveler
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Cas the last 3 times Bill's comped me a regular room. They have been refurbished. I am not sure that the suits have been, some tell me they have not been.

If the suite is not right, we will change to one of the regular rooms. I know that we are giving up our beautiful view of the Bellagio for this suite so I will provide a report when I get back.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Have a great trip, and your wife as well. It is hard work taking care of two little ones. It must be hard for you to concentrate at work today! We leave in three weeks and are staying at the Orleans for a Pantera convention...(cars) dh races. Not my favorite place to stay and play...but it will do! The rest of our trips are to the Venetian...anyway..win big! Slotto

bahiatraveler
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Slotto, one thing I can advise as a relatively experienced blackjack player. I would be staying away from playing blackjack at Orleans as well as Gold Coast. I have a very legit belief on it.

Without getting too involved with this board. On two decks pay attention to where the dealer places his/her shuffle card (the card that forces the dealer to start shuffling). If you are paying attention, the dealer places the shuffle card right in the middle. All I can say is stay away...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Ok I may not have the bounce but how about being so excited that you feel like a bottle of beer or soda or whatever that has been shaken hard and you are waiting to be opened so the pressure can release...that is how I feel :)

2 more days WOOHOO!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Have a great time!!!

Tulsa
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Vegas bounce - you know what I am talking about

Enjoy your trip John and wife! Hubby and I leave a week from today, also staying at Bills. Any tips on how I might get my room compted next time? I have put a lot of money in slots in the past at Harrah's and never got one single dang reward!!! I must be doing SOMETHING wrong! LOL

So here's a Bounce Toast to you ... from my bottle of it!

Judi