We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

Kendal, England
Level Contributor
492 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

Hi

can anyone give me some advice on the restaurants and the room service at the MGM Grand.

Quality and cost.. and how does it compair to other places on the strip.

Many thanks.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

MGM is the biggest hotel in Vegas and has a huge variety of eating places to cover all tastes and budgets. You could, if you so wished, easily stay there for a few days and eat well without leaving the building or going to the same place twice.

The buffet isn't so great in my opinion but if that's what you're looking for there's good options close by. I've never used room service.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

Wichcraft has delicious sandwiches but it is only open for breakfast and lunch. My sandwich was large enough that I ate half for lunch and half for dinner.

Lines can get long (at least when I was there for a convention) so go at off times. It also closes at about 5PM.

Sandwiches were about $8.00.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

They also have a couple of fast food places (McD, pizza and a hot dog place) if that is what you are interested.

Quality and cost of the restaurants are good and better than some other places and not as good as others. They do have some high end restaurants but it is a matter of personal taste and budget. If you only want to eat there, you have plenty of good options but there are also so many other places to go.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

Arguably the best collection of restaurants at any one place. Craftsteak, Fiamma, Seablue, Nobhill, Emeril's, Shibuya and Wolfgang Puck as well as Chinese, Mexican and a fast food court. Oh, and don't forget two Joel Robuchon restaurants in case you have $300-$400 to drop on dinner -- per person. Every taste and price range accommodated. I never eat room service, so can't help you there.

Bellagio may have more top-notch places, but you won't find a lot of wallet pleasers there. Ditto Wynn. Caesars rates, but only if you include the variety offered by places in the neighboring Forum Shops (from The Palm to Cheesecake Factory).

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

My comment about the dining establishments at MGM is the least positive thing I have to say about MGM. There are a lot of high end restaurants and the food court. But, IMO, there is a shortage of mid-priced options. We do like Stage Deli and the grill out at the pool. Only ate at Studio once and weren't impressed. . . maybe we need to give it a try again this trip. The Rainforest might be OK if you like that type of atmosphere. We've eaten at the buffet a few times and we actually like it. We just don't like to eat that much on a regular basis.

So . . . when we stay at MGM we usually eat elsewhere. Over at NYNY you'll find a more interesting food court (we especially enjoy Greenberg's Deli there), America (24-hour like Studio, but we think better) and Nine Fine Irishmen.

Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
280 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

Room service has always been prompt during our visits. Food is good and I think fairly priced. I would skip Emeril's however. We have had two mediocre (for the price) experiences there. Others will disagree with me.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

MGM has a ton of dining choices.

The only place that I'm not fond of is Rainforest Cafe. But this atmosphere is fun for kids.

One place to seriously avoid is Studio Wok in the food court. (Not to be confused with Grand Wok)

Buffet is above average. Only two disappointments there. At dinner, the crab legs. At Breakfast, the luke warm Eggs Benedict.

Room service , for me, had always been great. I always note that I want it hot, and if it's luke warm I'll send it back. Never have sent it back.

Here's my food reviews from last year:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k118694…

North carolina
Level Contributor
949 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

a big fan of the mgm, staying there in june, but notof their buffet, much better choices elsewhere. other posters were right, i would recommend wichcraft for good sandwiches, for breakfast, i would actually recommend the pizzeria in the foodcourt, they have this awesome breakfast pizza that me and dw always get b4 we hit the pool, cheap and filling and good! shibuya was good for sushi, very fresh and the sake choice were to die for, room service is really good as well.

Word of advice, try their milkshakes for room service, some of the best i've ever had!

9. Re: MGM Grand - Room service and the restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 05:21