We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Greek Isles

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Greek Isles

Planning to take in the World's Greatest Magic Show at the Greek Isles next week. (I know . . . not a highly acclaimed show. But we know one of the performers.)

Have never been there but know roughly where it is.

My question is--how far is it from the Peppermill? Is it an area that is OK to walk? Any idea how long the walk would take?

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Greek Isles

See map, above the Wynn:

http://vegastodayandtomorrow.com/condomap.htm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Greek Isles

Not certain on the area but according to google maps its a one minute drive so definitely walkable!

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Greek Isles

Wow, Low . . . that's an awesome map. Haven't seen that one before.

OK . . . so is the Peppermill that little grey block surrounded by the proposed Triple Five Resort?

Being that close to the strip, I have to believe the area is safe?

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Greek Isles

Never been there...

Bump

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Greek Isles

Lowrance . . . you've never been to the Peppermill? Or you've never been in the area between there and GI?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Greek Isles

We walked from TI to GI.

Walked north a block or two to convention Drive, crossed the strip and headed east. No problems.

GI is a bit of a dive though

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Greek Isles

GI is much worse than ChiTown said. It is a pit. The show lounge is decent. The Rat Pack Show and the Magic Show are both good. But the property is really bad.

The first time I was there, I had already bought tickets for Rat Pack Show. I almost walked out before the show, the place was so bad. I thought I was in the recreation center of a very poor trailer park. But I waited for the show, and I was pleased with the show and the show room. Just not with the Greek Isles.

The neighborhood is not great, but I have never felt unsafe walking by there, whether in the evening, late night or early morning hours.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Greek Isles

I guess it’s a different perspective, with my “experiences” in the soft underbelly of Las Vegas, it is sort of an average dive and in fact it is better than some dives I know.

Go and enjoy the show but just don't expect to find the amenities of Wynn outside the theatre.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Greek Isles

Never been to both.

I like ChiTown's description. Makes sense for expectations. Enjoy the show, it's what you're going for!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
495 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Location of Greek Isles

I thought GI aws closing andthe Rat Pack show was moving DT?