We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding dress question

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
wedding dress question

Just a thought but how common is it to see people walking round hotels or sat at the slots in wedding dresses.We're going on our own,and i don't want to change out of my beautiful dress straight away.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding dress question

Very commonn!!

Don't worry about changing out of your dress, its the only time you will get to wear it so make the most of it!!

Hope you have a lovely day and all the best for the future xxx

P.S When are you going and where are you getting married?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding dress question

Wedding dresses can be spotted pretty much everywhere in Vegas from the most upscale of places to the scruffiest of dives. They don't normally get a second glance.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding dress question

we're going on the 18th april to the MGM ,then watch the boxing on Sat night then on Sunday at 10am we're going through the drive thru,just us no family,no kids and no in-laws.

I'm pretty shy when sober so knowing that there is loads of brides walking around puts my mind at rest.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding dress question

Wear it with pride for as long as you wish! Its not often that you will get so much attention, everyone will be congratulating you..

I know when we married in Jamaica..ohh soo long ago..I wore it the rest of the day and loved it!

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and I hope it is everything you want it to be!

Devon
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding dress question

Hey why spend all that money on a dress just to get wed then change.

We got married at PH at 3pm, had a great meal and then played on the tables it was 5am the next morning before we headed to the room, and yes I was still in my dress, nobody batters an eyelid.

I felt like a million $ just wished I had won that amount too lol. Oh well in a way I did I got my DH and he is worth much more than anything to me. Awwww.

Have a wonderful day and congratulations.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding dress question

We'll be arriving on the 19th, happy to be a witness if you need one (a fellow Brit)!

Ohh I LOVE weddings...

United States
Level Contributor
19,970 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding dress question

You should be sure to get a picture taken of you in your dress sitting at the slots. You will cherish that picture for years.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding dress question

here's a question which is somewhat in this category... how common is it that the groom see's the bride before the ceremony in Vegas? I know it's a big deal for traditional weddings here, but Vegas, well it's Vegas! I can't really see the groom hiding from the bride all day in Vegas, lol. Reason I ask, is because our wedding is at night in a candle lit outdoor garden gazebo, which is what we wanted, however the drawback is I want to get photo's in the daytime as well, not just all the photo's at night. And the chapel has the option where it can drive us seperately in a limo if we choose not to see each other before the wedding. I'm just stuck on what to do, I want both (photos of us at night and during the day) but also it's nice not to see the bride til the ceremony.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding dress question

Bonesaw, since Vegas is known for its non-traditional weddings, I suggest you handle it the way you want and not let a meaningless superstition rule your big day.

Devon
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding dress question

Bonesaw, we opted not to see each other before the ceremony, and the wedding co-ordinator had it all under control, so DH didnt see me until I walked down the aisle.

So it can be done, but with you wanting pictures taken before, in the day, then just do what you feel is right. Afterall you are in Vegas and "when in Vegas".