We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Hi

I booked direct with the Mandalay for our 3 night stay in October. I have jsut looked at their website and the nights we are staying are a bit cheaper now.

They quoted me on phone, 1st night at $309.99,2nd night $279.99 and third night $179.99 plus 9%tax.

Now on website is showing ist night $290.00, 2nd night $260.00 and 3rd night $140.00.

What do I say to the hotel when I ring them, do I have to cancel the reservation and then rebook, or do I just ask them to adjust.Can I keep doing this if rates change again?

Am I right in saying the tax is 9% for Nevada?

thanks

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Not sure about the tax rate.

Yes, call the hotel to have the rates adjusted. No need to rebook.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Just call them. They'll lower your rate. Yes, tax is a whopping 9%. I've called and changed my rate 4 times at Monte Carlo as it kept going down.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Call them. Tell them the rates have gone down and you want your reservation to reflect the new prices. It should be no problem at all.

Yes, the tax is 9%.

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Thanks, I will call them and keep watching to see if they go down any further, even if it is only a few dollars, better in my pocket than theirs. LOL

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

We did the same thing with our direct booking with the Paris. I emailed them and they lowered the price three times!

They are quite used to it, it seems...

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

This is a prime example of why it is usually best to book directly with the hotel.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

Yep...one time I called to ask for the lower rate I found online and they looked at it and said, "Oh actually,we can go lower than that" and did. So, I normally recommend booking directly for that reason.

p.s I have learned that every once in awhile a package or third party service is a good deal too. You just have to know what normal rates are and how low they can go at varying times.

8. Re: have booked with hotel, now rates cheaper, some advice pleas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 16:16