We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

California
8 posts
Save Topic
Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

A couple of us ladies are getting together for a weekend away from hubbies, and we would like to know what are some of the clubs for the "40 something" crowd:-) We are not into the hip hop or rap music so we would like to stay away from the clubs that focus on that music.

Thanks.

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

OK, this is not for everyone but I'm in my late 30's and we (2 single girls) had the best time at Dick's Last Resort in the Excalibur!!!!!!!!!!! Great live music not too crowded. We even went back for a second night!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

Try Margaritaville. They have live music, and although I have yet to make it at night, it has a fun casual atmosphere. Try the 3rd deck for a great place to chill with a margarita overlooking the Strip.

boston
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

Go to Carnaval Court you will have the best time, the bartenders and the bands are great.

boston
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

Go to Carnaval Court you will have the best time, the bartenders and the bands are great.

California
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Carnaval. Looks fun. Any other suggestions?

California
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

bump :-)

San Diego
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

Polly Esthers (4 or 5 different rooms with 60's, 70's, 80's, 90

s each in a different room - not pretentious at all)

NYNY Piano Bar (very fun time)

Nine Fine Irishmen (NYNY) (bar, not a club)

Margaritaville

Studio 54

New York, NY
Level Contributor
589 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

We enjoyed the bar at Mix (its next to the all white restaurant). We were there a couple of years ago. Had dinner at Mix then went into the lounge. Its small but the music was more 80's/90's. It had a fun vibe. We are in our late 30's and don't like the hip hop rap stuff either. We also went to Forty Deuce's (only because we were staying at Mandalay Bay and had free passes in). It was AWFUL! Terrible music, horrible bartender, crappy drinks. Personally we like more laid-back places with attentive service, not treated like cattle.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
484 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

There is a Polly Esters in Vegas? Where? We went to the one in Seattle and had so much fun!!

I agree on the Carnival court...we had a blast there last time. Danced until 3:00am, they had a live band and a DJ. It is all outdoors.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on best clubs for "40 something" crowd???

We were in Vegas last weekend and Carnival Court was a blast. By 10:00 it was packed and no place to sit. Also had a great time at LaScala in the Venetian. Live band starts at 6:30 until 12:30 and then another live band comes on. It was 80-90's music and a mixed crowd 40 on up. Dress was everything from jeans to dress clothes. They make killer drinks. Nice size dance floor too.