We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
830 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

I will be at The Flamingo 7/31-8/3. I am only able to eat small amounts (had surgery) and don't think I can eat steak, though by August that might change. Any suggestions for good places for fish and chicken or with appetizers that could be ordered as dinner? I really liked Conrads Steakhouse in the past (has a new name now) but I always got steak and don't know what their fish dishes will be like. Buffets work well for me because I can choose what I can eat easily; but in general I HATE eating at a buffet. I definitely don't get my monies worth anymore and its just not as nice for conversation and relaxation as table service. Any ideas?

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

I still think alot of breakfast buffets are a good value no matter how much you eat but EI would have the best deals for breakfat. Ellis Island also has good roasted chicken. Sometimes it turns up on their menu board as a special comparable to the steak deal. I like the Cafe at Paris alot and I think they have a good range of options to choose from. The Garden Cafe at Harrah's is not as impressive but still a solid choice. The Augustus Cafe at Caesars has a salmon dish that was absolutely yummy but they are pricey and the service is spotty.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

I would recommend the delis, food courts or 24-hour coffee shops for the most reasonably priced fare. However, if you're just looking for appetizers, most any of the higher end restaurants would offer them.

My best advice is to share a meal with someone else if you can. Portions in Vegas are huge!

All that said, one of our favorite things to do is order an appetizer at the Peppermill Lounge. The Lounge has such a much nicer atmosphere than the diner.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

Where is the Ellis Island restaurant?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

Mon Ami Gabi has some wonderful appetizers, salads & soups. You may want to check out their menu. It is at the Paris. Also, right across at www.thepalm.com in the Forum Shops you can get the business lunch special for $ 19.50. They have many choices, including fish of the day, chicken & salmon. It's worth taking a look at their business lunch menu on their site. You can always just have appetizers at Margaritaville, they have chicken wings, etc fun atmosphere, right where you are staying. The nachos are huge though, you'd need others to share those. Have fun!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

Often Mexican is cheaper than other cuisines. Even at Isla at TI which I like the best of the Mexicans, you are hard pressed to spend over $60 for two.

Also other restaurants such as Lindo Michoacan, Viva Mercado, are reasonable. It is one of the cheaper ethnic cuisines in most cities and Vegas is no exception.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

If you have had GB surgery of similar I agree with Coffeemug 100%. Deli's for soups and half sandwich deals, appies, good quality food courts, and don't forget the coffee shops. Most have menu's posted. Sme are very expensive coffee shop food but many are godd and inexpensive.

I might add that Room Service appies and breakfast is also a good option to make it feel like vacation.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

Oh, also forgot to say Tapas restaurants with small plate options might be good. You can try Cafe Ba Ba Reba on the strip.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

You can order appetizers for dinner just about anywhere. Perhaps Cafe Babareeba has something even better for you.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

I agree with whoever said to share your meals with someone. My boyfriend and I did this all week and still never finished a plate. Way too much food.

Northwoods
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonably priced dining that is not steak?

EI is behind Bally's, little over a long block. If you just had surgery and it will be really hot in July you might want to Cab it.