We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriage license help needed

Farnborough, Hants...
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marriage license help needed

Can anyone help please? It's my understanding that you need to go somewhere to pick up a marriage license before going to a chapel and getting married.

Whereabouts do you go to get one, how much does it cost and do you both have to be there?

We're engaged already so it's not like I'm really 'springing' it on him out of the blue, but I think if he has 2 places to go to he won't go for it. We're coming over for UFC, so I figured getting married in the morning, going for a beautiful lunch and then watching 5 hours of blood thirsty fighting will be our perfect day !! I'm even considering approaching them to do it in the octagon.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriage license help needed

You need to get a license from the Marriage Bureau which is located Downtown. Here's the the link to their website which should contain all the information you require:

accessclarkcounty.com/depts/clerk/Pages/marr…

Farnborough, Hants...
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriage license help needed

Darn it - he has to be there to get the license :(

Farnborough, Hants...
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriage license help needed

Also, cheers for your help :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriage license help needed

I'm not sure if they have now posted it on the Clark County website, but my son was told you need to get it 24 hrs before you get married now. It is a newer law.

LOL, he has to be there!

Farnborough, Hants...
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriage license help needed

Well I figured he'd probably have to be there for the marriage, just didn't know about the license ;)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriage license help needed

Maybe if your munky can get back up it can fill in for the license part of it!

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriage license help needed

How new is that law, Sage? Friend got married in November. Limo from the wedding chapel picked them up at their hotel . . . took them to get their license . . . took them to the chapel to tie the not . . . took them back to their hotel.

Easy peasy ;) He can DO it!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriage license help needed

They were married a couple weeks ago and that is what they were told. We also had friends that went there in February and were told they could not get married until 24 hrs after the license was issued. If I were planning on getting married in Vegas, and this may cause a problem, I would call and confirm if this info is correct or not. That's all the info I have. I didn't ask any of them who exactly told them that.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriage license help needed

I just read the Clark County info and it says there is no waiting period, so I have no idea who told them that. Maybe it's something they are considering doing, to prevent some drunken marriages. Next time I talk to one of them I am going to ask them where they got there info from.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriage license help needed

Munky, here's the email address for the Clerk: clerkem@co.clark.nv.us . I'm pretty confident that there is still no waiting period . . . but a quick email will give you the answer from the "horse's mouth".

Good luck . . . btw . . . be sure you let us know how this turns out! When's your trip?