We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Blue Man Group

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Blue Man Group

I have not seen much about this show posted, is it worth seeing? I have never been to vegas before and we are going in Nov. We are in our later 30s, can anyone suggest any shows? We were thinking the O show too? Any help would be great. Thank you.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Blue Man Group

BMG is discussed frequently - do a search and sort by date for the most recent posts.

"worth it" is personal - for us it is, since we like the show. it is not for everyone and some don not like it. check out the website and get a feel for the show, see if it's something tha syits your taste, which is more important than your age - I'm much older and like it, many your age do not

O is a good chocie, we often have first time visitors with us and O is universally appealing.

spamalot closes soon - catch it if you can.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Blue Man Group

Many people love it. I know I am in the minority on this one- I hated it. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I was just glad I wasn't the one who had paid for the tickets. It is the kind of show you are either going to love or hate.

I have seen Mystere(twice),Ka, Love and O. Mystere continues to be my favorite. I think it has the most WOW moments and it is the one I always recommend to people who have never seen a Cirque show before. Love was fantstic but it isn't a typical Cirque show- the emphasis is on the music not the acrobatic feats. O was good- but I didn't think it was as good as Mystere. I didn't like Ka at all- it just didn't hold my interest.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Blue Man Group

Blue Man Group is definetly a personal taste kind of show, you like percussion, with a little crazy thrown in, you'll love it. My teenagers, think it's the best show on the strip (of course at their age, they're not allowed to see much!) It seems to be a hit with the kids going to homecoming etc.

I would absolutely recommend a Cirque du Soleil show, anything but Zumanity. Mystere is still my favorite, but Love is great if you are a Beatles fan, and I have to say KA is a favorite for us too.

Other good choices, Danny Gans-singer/Impressionist at the Mirage, Jubilee at Bally's if you want an old fashioned Vegas showgirl show, Carrot Top for comedy, and Mamma Mia, Spamalot, Phantom of the Opera, or Jersey Boys if you want Broadway shows...are all quite good.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Blue Man Group

If you like percussion music (be warned . . . it's loud) and abstract humor, you'll like BMG. It is far and away the MOST unusual show I've ever seen . . . nothing else like it and impossible to describe.

Many here love it . . . many hate it . . . some are like us . . . we STILL can't describe what we thought of it . . . but three years later, we're still talking about it!

I know that's not much help . . . sorry.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
562 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Blue Man Group

DH & I absolutely loved it! It's like a really loud, yet intellectually engaging, concert. We've gone twice already & would probably go again.

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Blue Man Group

I wanted to like Blue Man Group,and didn't love it. But,I blame not liking it on our seats. I might go see it again sometime, but sit much much closer. The idea of it is energetic and fun.

But...your first trip to Vegas means you are an open slate. I simply LOVE the show at Mirage, "Love". It's the hottest show in town! Second to that, I liked Ka and LeReve. Mystere is also good.

I liked all above probably more than Spamalot, but feel as though,for me Spamalot would have been more fun with different show companions :-)

YWG/41 miles north...
Level Contributor
379 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The Blue Man Group

Tobias : "I just Blue myself"

Micheal : "There's gotta be a better way to say that"

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Blue Man Group

I think BMG is an entertaining, fun show. However, I would recommend O instead because it is a unique show to Vegas (cannot see anywhere else). Additionally, it is a fabulous show and will entertain pretty much anyone.

United States
Level Contributor
18,004 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Blue Man Group

I also went to the theater thinking I was going to like the show. I was really excited about seeing it. I was very disappointed. Did not like it at all. Was bored the entire time and couldn't wait for it to be over. Nothing imaginative about it. A complete waste of precious Vegas time.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
501 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Blue Man Group

I have seen a dozen or more shows in Vegas, and this one is still in my top 3. We had seats in the poncho section, and they were worth every penny.

Cheers,