We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Flight from San Francisco

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late Flight from San Francisco

I'm looking to go to San Francisco and come back the same night (ideally). There doesn't seem to be any airlines that fly late at night. I've checked Virgin, America West, Southwest and Ted. Are there any others I could check?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

When you say "late at night", what sort of time are you looking at leaving SFO?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

Midnight!!!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

Even if you can get a flight that late (Bay Area residents might have a better idea than the likes of myself if this is possible), it makes sense to me to stay overnight and get an early flight the next morning.

Here's the link to the page on the McCarran website that lists all the airlines that serve the airport with links to their respective sites.

http://www.mccarran.com/airlines.asp

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

Thanks for all that blagger, especially the link. Really should have thought about that myself. Thanks though.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

Hi,

one nice website that was suggested to me for flight search is www.kayak.co.uk. Not sure if there is an international version, but at least it will be show you times and airlines.

I did a quick search and found one flight at 6am out of LV and back from SFO at 22.30, but it might just be too early for you...

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
499 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

another thing that occured to me was that if you went to a club in SF, you might catch an early flight, like 6am, out of SF and skip that night's accommodation all together. Not my cup of tea, though. I would stay in SF in an airport hotel (which are normally much cheaper) and catch an early-ish flight around 8.

7. Re: Late Flight from San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:19