We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

Hi all,

I am taking my 6th trip to Vegas in June, and it will be my 1st trip being pregnant! :) I am hoping I won't have an issue getting non-alcoholic frozen drinks poolside -- staying at the MGM in particular. I worry they are all pre-mixed with the booze, but my husband says I am being silly. I just don't want to be stuck with water and sprite all day!

Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

THANKS

:)

United States
Level Contributor
20,011 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

At the pool at The Flamingo I quite often get frozen drinks without alcohol. They are usually about $1.00 cheaper than the alcoholic ones.

Please don't tell anyone that I get non-alcoholic drinks sometimes.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,897 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

You might have a good point here - the pools I've been to that had a bar usually DID get the frozen drinks out of a pre-mixed machine. Can't speak to MGM, but there should be a work-around to the issue once you explain.

Either the bartender can put their hands on a blender and fix you what you need, or your husband can run inside to a bar and get you one.

Pool areas often frown on bringing in outside drinks, but I would hope they'd make an exception here! :)

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

"Please don't tell anyone that I get non-alcoholic drinks sometimes." -- that really made me laugh Art! Believe me, it isn't my norm for Vegas either! ;)

Thanks guys!

:)

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

We all know now that you drink non-alcoholic drinks poolside LMAO :) Artemus. You are too funny!

Liz

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

If you tip the waitress generously in advance, she'll make it happen for you.

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

Oh -- don't you worry -- my hubby is a great tipper when then cute girls bring drinks! ;)

Not Near You
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

Why would you have to tip the waitress generously in advance to get a non alcoholic drink by the pool? You place your order, they get your order, you pay for your order and you give a tip.

Strange.

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

Most definitely you can get non-alcoholic. I refuse to drink liquor in the blazing sun and no cocktail waitress has so much as given it a second thought! Enjoy your pool time!!

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

Thanks all! :)

Boston
Level Contributor
910 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Non-alcoholic drinks by the pool?

We don't drink, and we have never ever had a problem ordering "virgin" pina coladas, or virgin strawberry margaritas at the pool. They cost just as much as the drinks with alcohol, though.