We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

david copperfield

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
194 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
david copperfield

i am going to vegas in july and i was going to book tickets for david copperfield. then i read the poor reviews. any comments? i haven't seen any magic shows in vegas as yet -- except for Hans Glock-and that show was horrible, hence why it is not at PH anymore. i am also going to KA that weekend.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
916 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: david copperfield

I've personally never seen the show but a lot posts on here say that Copperfield really isn't so great these days and that they felt their money had been wasted. Some long time fans have said that his performances are a shadow of what they used to be and that he appears to have a degree of disdain for his audience. To be fair, there have been some responses from others who've enjoyed the show.

If you want magic then I personally recommend that you see Lance Burton. I can't imagine that anybody could be disappointed by his show. Tickets are cheaper than Copperfield too.

London, UK
Level Contributor
507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: david copperfield

Hey, we saw the early show of David Copperfield when we went for New Years in 06 and he wasn't great, too over rehearsed, the tricks were excellent but not so much of him!

Mentioned in this post
David Copperfield
David Copperfield
3,829 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Belfast
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: david copperfield

Dont sit near the front, or you will most likely see how 2 or 3 of the tricks are done. HAH

Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: david copperfield

I agree...if you have a choice go to Lance Burton instead of Copperfield. I've been to both and was even pulled up on stage to help Copperfield do one of his tricks and still thought Lance was more entertaining. Maybe I just find David to be too cheesy for me. It was alright, but had more fun at Lance.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
396 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: david copperfield

I have seen David Copperfield in Seattle and although his show was good I think Lance Burton was better..

Mentioned in this post
David Copperfield
David Copperfield
3,829 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: david copperfield

Saw David Copperfield and was so disappointed - some of the tricks were worth seeing but after having to sit through a movie about how wonderful he was (truly) and as mentioned the contempt he appeared to hold his audience in I would never recommend. Possibly the most vain man on the planet.

Mentioned in this post
David Copperfield
David Copperfield
3,829 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
7. Re: david copperfield

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:20