We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Cirque lovers...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Cirque lovers...

I know it's impossible to ask which cirque show is the best because it subjective, however, can anyone tell me what kind of 'feel/story' they have. I.E. I've heard that Ka has an 'Asian' feel with lots of martial arts/battles and is quite dark. There's so much I want to do on my visit that I can only spare time to see one and I want to make the right decision.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

I have seen Love and O. Two totally different types of shows. I was awed by 0 but really liked Love.

From many of the reviews, I think a good first option is Mystere. That seems to get across the board great reviews and you can get discounted seats.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

KellsBelles,

Have you tried the hotels websites to view brief video of each? Also youtube has some video from each. They are so hard to place a feel to that I am sure you will get mutiple answers as to theme. Zumanity is suppose to be sexy and erotic but some would disagree.

They are all surreal and edgy. (IMHO)

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

It is really difficult to describe a Cirque show- you will understand this after you see one. This website will give you a brief description and video clips of all the shows. I always recommend Mystere to those who have never seen a Cirque show before. I have seen Mystere, O, Love and Ka and Mystere remains my favorite because I think it has the most WOW moments.

http://www.vegas.com/shows/

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
420 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

Ka - Asian story, actually has a plot you can follow, about twins who are separated. Last time I saw it, it had more rock music

O - dramatic and beautiful water show, acrobatics

Mystere - more acrobatics, surreal, funniest

Zumanity - supposedly erotic, I found it annoying

Love - dance numbers to Beatles songs, no story line but loved by Beatles fans

Le Reve - haven't seen it yet, but you can get tickets for half price right now I think.

If its your first time, I would go with Mystere or O.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

There are also trailers for each individual show on the Cirque du Soleil site. You can get a good overview from that.

From the reviews I've read on here, I was going to go with Mystere along with Criss Angel/Believe. After watching the trailers I decided that I probably would like KA more than Mystere. (I've seen La Nouba in Orlando and it seems to be a bit like Mystere act-wise.)

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

If you've never seen Cirque du Soleil and you've got to select one of the Vegas shows, then in my opinion it has to be Mystère.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

For a first time I'd recommend getting tickets to O.

I, for one, did not think Mystere was so great. A grown man running around in a diaper is not amusing to me!

oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
922 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

I have seen both O and Mystere and although O was a lot more expensive I will never forget the show it was so beautiful. Mystere was ok but would not go back to see it again. Most of the cast wore the same costume through the entire show. It was more like a circus performance. O has so many different costumes, different performances going on at the same time and of course the water program. You could get the cheapest tickets to o and still have the great seat because of all the different acts going on (some in the air, some on the stage and some in the pool). Our jaws dropped as soon as the show started and we just could not beleive what we were watching it was just spectatular. We had front row seats and would go again to see O I pick a different seat just to see it from another vantage point. It is a once in a life time experience and I have never heard any one say they were not totaly blown away by O.

oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
922 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

Just one more thought on the two shows, If I had seen Mystere first I would never go to another circque show. But having seen O first I wanted to see the other circque shows.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for Cirque lovers...

I have seen all the CDS shows in LV except for Believe. I have also attended many traveling productions. People will always disagree but I like to begin newbies with Mystere. It's a great intro to the concepts of the Cirque experience. Great costuming, strength, beauty, music, and comedy.

They are suppose to be differnt and they are. A true CDS lover experiences each as it's own unique presentation.

We all rank them according to our likes. I like to put them is this order Mystere as a first, O for the beauty and WOW of the water factor, LOVE for the Beatles music and light hearted production, KA for the stage and vertical scenes, Zumanity is last for it's unusual and erotic take on Cirque.

I would include Le Reve as an equal to O but it is not a bonafide CDS show. Still it is wonderful IMHO.

If I could only see one CDS show in LV I would have to make it O. (0r Le Reve)