We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

Hello all

I'm 54 years young and have booked 8 days at the MGM in Sept as part on my bucket list.

Firstly - as i will be going on my own - will this be seen as unusual in Vegas?

I determined to have the best time of my life - (except gambling as I don't even do the lottery).

Have you any exceptional suggestions? money no problem but keep it clean please.

Oh yes - will it be OK for me to wear a kilt in LV as i am a very proud Scotsman.

I look forward to your help

regards

Jock - aka Chas

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

Hmmmmmm . . . I'll bite.

Hello all - Hi Blue =)

I'm 54 years young and have booked 8 days at the MGM in Sept - Lucky Dog.

as part on my bucket list. - hmmmm, not quite sure how to respond to that with sensitivity.

Firstly - as i will be going on my own - will this be seen as unusual in Vegas? - Not at ALL!

I determined to have the best time of my life - (except gambling as I don't even do the lottery). - Great attitude to visit Vegas with!

Have you any exceptional suggestions? money no problem but keep it clean please. Wow . . . is THAT open ended. If you give us some more info about you and your likes, we'll be better able to help you. What do you like? Shows (magic, music, theatre, abstract, etc.)? Fine Dining? Music? Thrills? Site Seeing? Nature?

Oh yes - will it be OK for me to wear a kilt in LV as i am a very proud Scotsman. - Gotta say I've never seen a kilt in Vegas . . . it will sure make you stand out in the crowd. But hey . . . pretty much anything goes in the city of lights.

toledo
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

"bucket list", good one lol, that was a terrific movie. Single in Vegas, have a lot of that on this forum. keep reading on this forum and you will get a real taste of what to do in Vegas, some really good ideas, I'm glad I found this forum. if you are outgoing, you should have no problem meeting people, maybe you will meet someone on the forum that will be there on the days you are there and hook up somewhere. definately see some of the Cirque shows. Heard Jersey Boys at Palazoo is good, if you like Cher, excellent show, don't know if she will be there when you are. Love should be good

haven't seen anyone with a kilt though, hope the wind won't be blowing lol

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

I'm going to take this seriously and also assume this is your 1st trip to Las Vegas. Just for the experiance:

Call MGM and ask them to switch your last couple of nights to a 1BR Skyloft. It's more space than you need, but not overwhelming. See what it's like to really be pampered at a hotel.

Spend an afternoon at a top end spa (not MGM). The current favorite seems to be Qua at Caesars. Have a massage and really relax. I don't normally recommend this for men but it's all about experianceing things.

Get a shave at The Art of Shaving in Mandalay Place.

Have dinner in a couple of really nice restaurants, and breakfast at Tableau at Wynn.

Go see Hoover Dam.

There will be plenty of chances to run around and see things, but don't forget to slow down enjoy your experiances.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

Last week I actually did see 1 man in a kilt. It wasn't the usual plaid kilt I'm used to seeing but more a of a common type of cloth.

I know what I'd be doing in Vegas to have the time of my life if I was single but you said to keep it clean.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

If you're going to be in Vegas for 8 days and not going to gamble, I recommend you do some day trips outside the city (Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire, etc.) You may want to consider renting a car.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

Visit historic Downtown

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i624-Downtown_a…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

don't feed the trolls....i am warning you!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

quack

Wear the kilt if you are comfortable in it, because you'll see lots of other outfits in Vegas, and you won't stand out in the crowd!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

At least the trolls have a sense of humor.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Single Guy 54 with LV on my 'Bucket list' - call for ideas

I'll be there with a girlfriend in September (we are both married, but love to meet new people) so if we see a man in a kilt, we will be sure to stop and say hello!! I am from the Southern US and we don't know any stangers! LOL!!! Hope you have fun. We plan on eating great food, catching some shows and yep, gambling!